ADVERTISEMENT

Gundy sending bricklayers to norman

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
looks like ou has cooked the books on a bid on their stadium. A Kansas company is filing suit that they were the low bidder but the contract was awarded to W&W Steel instead. Looks like some typical favoritism going on and I'm betting W&W is a big donor to ou. Hoping it turns in to a big mess and Gundy sends the bricklayers to encrypt the OSU logo somewhere in that outdated stadium walls. Here is the article...

NORMAN — A bidding war to get a contract to provide steel and concrete panels for the University of Oklahoma’s Gaylord Family—Oklahoma Memorial Stadium expansion project has resulted in a lawsuit.

Despite being the lowest bidder for the project, HME Inc., a Kansas corporation, contends OU and its project construction manager Flintco LLC awarded a contract to W&W Steel, an Oklahoma corporation, in violation of state law.

Cleveland County District Judge Thad Balkman has set a hearing for 1:30 p.m. Friday on HME’s request for a temporary injunction to halt construction until the matter is settled. HME wants a court declaration that the contract be awarded to it.

HME contends it submitted a base bid of $11,796,450 while competitor W&W’s base bid was $11,880,680.

OU attorneys have filed an answer to the petition in which they say OU did not violate state law and that the university is not liable for any wrongful actions on the part of the other parties.

HME contends Flintco broke the contract into two parts the day after bids were opened, removing erection of concrete panels from the scope of the project and putting them into another bid package, which lowered the bid amount after the fact. HME contends OU then awarded the contract to W&W.

OU and Flintco acknowledge that HME was the initial low bidder for the project, attorneys for HME contend.

“The university simply decided to award the project to W&W, the second-lowest bidder, because of its ‘experience in stadium construction projects’” court papers state.

Having experience with stadium construction projects was not a requirement when the bids were submitted, HME attorneys say. Plaintiff’s attorneys say HME satisfied all the qualifications and quality assurance requirements of the project.

HME is suing the OU Board of Regents who awarded the contract, W&W steel manufacturers and construction manager Flintco Inc.

OU officials have not commented on the lawsuit.

“It would be inappropriate for OU to comment on pending litigation ” said spokeswoman Catherine Bishop.

The stadium renovation plan is a $370 million project that includes a new south end zone complex that would fill in the stadium’s open corners, creating a full bowl, and significant upgrades to team facilities inside the Barry Switzer Center.

A new weight room, equipment room and new coaches offices are among the items included in the master plan, which also calls for demolishing the current press box and constructing a new one; expanding fan concourses and adding dozens of new restrooms and concession stands.

Revenge is ours for that damn bricklayer though.

Isn't W&W owned by OSU folks? It was founded by Bert Cooper if I recall correctly, who now has the new OSU Civil Engineering lab named after him.

Isn't W&W owned by OSU folks? It was founded by Bert Cooper if I recall correctly, who now has the new OSU Civil Engineering lab named after him.
He was one helluva civil engineer, you can't take that away from him.

season-3-bert-cooper.jpg

If only someone on this board was related to one of the subjects in op's post ....

Wouldn't that be good?

I have it on good authority that w&w steel are all goons. They sabotaged the Devon tower because no steel was used. I was told if every toilet is flushed at the same time it will all come tumbling down. They also kept Riley Cooper from coming here with a payoff.

Is there a state law that says they have to use the lowest bidder? I know the projects I do for my company we specifically write into the RFQ that the lowest bidder does not necessarily get the job, but I have no idea about guberment jobs.....

Honestly if the difference is that small, less then 1%, I would prefer they keep the job in state. It will generate a lot more then $80,000 for the state economy.

Not sure how much it will impact the state's economy, but it will provide OSU with intimate knowledge of OU's coaches meetings via hidden surveillance.

For years W&W steel was run by the Coles family. All goons, my sister in law is married to one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT