ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Gunnell and Garrett Wilson

bigpoke24

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
here are two recruits we should absolutely be selling the future of our program to. This is the bump in recruiting osu should be taking.

You’ve got a Qb recruit in Gunnell who compares favorably to Mason Rudolph.

You’ve got a WR recruit who compares favorably to our WR tradition.

These are two recruits OSU should be able to pull at this point. We want to talk about a step up in recruiting this is it and the time is now.

What else do we need to do to prove our culture and get the attention of these type of recruits? I know some of you will say win a championship and I would agree, however take a look back at the last ten years and you will see that we are one of the winningest programs in college football. My point with this thread is not to get a bunch of reaponses about us coming up short against ou. We all know that’s the next step on the field. We need to recruit properly to take that step and it’s time to do it now.

Mason is going to go high in the draft and that should appeal to a kid like Grant Gunnell who really is looking around at some options that I don’t see as a great fit. LSU isn’t a high powered attack style offense. Ohio State runs best with a duel threat Qb. Oregon does as well. Now anybody can adapt to a great Qb recruit but based on style alone you have to like what we have to offer. Come sling the rock to a ton of talented WR’s in a high powered air raid system. What Qb wouldn’t want to do that? Watch Mason get taken high in the up coming draft and picture yourself breaking his records at osu.......oh and having a chance to win the job as a true freshman(yes I’m predicting Spencer Sanders redshirts)

If I’m Garrett Wilson......well do I even need to say anything? Our WR’s sell themselves at this point. Most blintnikoffs in college football. Best WR coach in college football. James about to go high in the draft. Dez Bryant. The list goes on. Way I see it WR’s should be knocking down our door yet for some reason they all want to go to Texas? And by the way Texas and Ohio State will be the competition for Garrett.

Here is my point with all this, it’s time we got these guys. They would make a heck of a future duo at OSU and really be the base for this recruiting class currently. Get these two dudes and a domino effect starts because others will want to be apart of it. All the sudden some big time oline recruits would want to come protect for these guys and I promise you we would get the attention of a big time back. But we have to take that bump in recruiting NOW. You all know the one I’m talking about right? The one we have been waiting on since after the fiesta bowl.

Let’s get a little recruiting talk going on this board. Let’s go land some of these guys!

Dax Hill and a few bad ass DE’s that we are in on could do the same for the defense but I’ll save that for another thread.

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News