ADVERTISEMENT

GOT Original 1993 Outline

FMPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2002
Flower Mound, TX
For my fellow Game of Thrones nerds well worth fifteen minutes of your life. GRRM original lettler to the published from 1993 outlining the story. Most of the basic characters are present although some like Tyrion have changed quite a bit. Originally planned as a trilogy.

The most interesting part is the projected five survivors as Tyrion, John Snow, Daenery, Ayra, and Bran.
This post was edited on 2/9 6:49 PM by FMPoke

GOT Original Outline

I agree, the list of survivors is the most interesting part. And since the very end is blacked out, that makes me think the original ending is still in place and that those survivors are accurate. That list also tracks with those characters that seem to be the most important in the various locations, but it also would be a pretty big (although not unforeseen) spoiler given the end of the last book.

Originally posted by cornichon:

I agree, the list of survivors is the most interesting part. And since the very end is blacked out, that makes me think the original ending is still in place and that those survivors are accurate. That list also tracks with those characters that seem to be the most important in the various locations, but it also would be a pretty big (although not unforeseen) spoiler given the end of the last book.
Since you threw in "not unforeseen", I will go ahead and share this. GRRM has already slipped up and made comments about writing chapters for WoW from the POV of the character you are referencing.

After reading that letter, there are enough differences, from what has actually occurred, that I don't think we can count on all 5 of those characters surviving. GRRM is so cantankerous, that I could see him killing one of them off just because that letter was leaked to the public.

I will say that I will be a bit surprised if Sansa gets killed off. She just doesn't seem likely to be put into a very vulnerable position as compared to other characters. But, that could change quickly I guess.

Originally posted by Been Jammin:
Originally posted by cornichon:

Since you threw in "not unforeseen", I will go ahead and share this. GRRM has already slipped up and made comments about writing chapters for WoW from the POV of the character you are referencing.

After reading that letter, there are enough differences, from what has actually occurred, that I don't think we can count on all 5 of those characters surviving. GRRM is so cantankerous, that I could see him killing one of them off just because that letter was leaked to the public.

I will say that I will be a bit surprised if Sansa gets killed off. She just doesn't seem likely to be put into a very vulnerable position as compared to other characters. But, that could change quickly I guess.
I would think if/when Littlefinger gets his, Sansa will go down with him.

I don't know. I think having Sansa be the one to actually take out Littlefinger would be incredibly satisfying and would really give her a super strong arc from the annoying naïf at the beginning to the wary (possibly literal) cutthroat. People seemed to really love the more obvious turn at the end of the last season of the show.

Originally posted by PDT816:
The guy is never going to finish the books. Not sure it's worth speculating
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I honestly wonder about this. You know it's got to be incredibly annoying for him to have the show cover the end of the saga before he does. It's got to reduce his already apparently low drive to power through the last couple thousand pages.

The guy strikes me as a first class douche for letting it get to this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT