ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 6-14 Pre-game (possible spoilers)

Oh I think he dies like what you are saying so he can be released from the TNW but we have no clue to Brann's powers and I am thinking Jon's revival will show case Bran's powers and what he has learned from the three eye raven. I just think to much has been put on that Raven talking to Jon and IMO the Raven was skin changed by the three eyed raven watching Jon.

I think Mel has lost some powers and other then Renly B what has she really done to prove she is powerful. Robb and Joferry deaths are very explainable. IMO bringing Jon back like LSH or Dondarion is not the answer.

I don't think Mel has lost her powers, I just think she's kind of dim witted and cant read what the flames show her. She has the power to see the future in the flames, she just keeps assuming the visions mean something other than what they really do. She sees the Bolton banners burn, and assumes its Stannis that defeats them. That could be happening further in the future by some other army. Hell she keeps asking to see whatsisname reborn and it shows her JS, and she is too dimwitted to figure it out. She asked for a thaw my burning Shireen and got it. She asked that Rob, Joffy and Greyjoy die and 2 did very quickly (are we to read anything into the fact that Greyjoy hasn't yet in the show or was that sloppy HBO writing?), she squirted out a demon smoke baby (2 I think in the book?).

Chick's got the gift, chick's just dumb.

I don't think Mel has lost her powers, I just think she's kind of dim witted and cant read what the flames show her. She has the power to see the future in the flames, she just keeps assuming the visions mean something other than what they really do. She sees the Bolton banners burn, and assumes its Stannis that defeats them. That could be happening further in the future by some other army. Hell she keeps asking to see whatsisname reborn and it shows her JS, and she is too dimwitted to figure it out. She asked for a thaw my burning Shireen and got it. She asked that Rob, Joffy and Greyjoy die and 2 did very quickly (are we to read anything into the fact that Greyjoy hasn't yet in the show or was that sloppy HBO writing?), she squirted out a demon smoke baby (2 I think in the book?).

Chick's got the gift, chick's just dumb.

Agree totally. She even states that the flames show her accurate things but that she sometimes interprets them incorrectly. I would say that the fact that Balon Greyjoy did not die, after she burned the 3 slugs, is more an indication that HBO just never completed that story line more than anything else. Of course, it could turn out to be nothing more than coincidence that the 3 kings she named when she burned the slugs in the books all died. Maybe HBO has future plans for Balon, but I doubt it.

You are right. She produced 2 demon smoke babies in the books. One killed Renly and the other killed the Lord that was protecting Edric Snow. He was the bastard of Robert Baratheon who Davos smuggled away from Stannis before he and Mel could burn the boy.

I forgot about the other smoke demon. I also forgot she can skin change and possibly kill people that way. So I was not giving enough credit to her I guess. I am scared for Jon that this red priestess is up to no good. I trust Brann a lot more.

Reading the last book and watching GOT on HBO hasn't helped me keep all this straight. It makes it so confusing trying to remember everything from ADwD. IF they didn't have that Fire and Ice Wiki stuff I wouldn't be able to keep half this stuff straight.

Nice series of explanations here as to why the obvious (Jon will be back).

But you guys are all wrong on who revives him.

mostlydead.jpg

Just got done with the season and reading through these recaps is fun.

I do find it interesting that many of you felt this was the worst season yet from a rating standpoint it has been the highest with the highest viewership. The two most watched episodes in this series were this seasons premier and finale.

I guess the majority of the viewers are not book readers and so that leads itself to less confusion, frustration and issues with the HBO series.

Just got done with the season and reading through these recaps is fun.

I do find it interesting that many of you felt this was the worst season yet from a rating standpoint it has been the highest with the highest viewership. The two most watched episodes in this series were this seasons premier and finale.

I guess the majority of the viewers are not book readers and so that leads itself to less confusion, frustration and issues with the HBO series.

I listen to The Ticket (sports radio in Dallas) regularly. One of their time slots has a show named Bad Radio. There are 3 hosts plus a couple of behind the scenes guys who chime in throughout the show. The 5 of them watch the show every week, but have not ever read any of the books. They absolutely love HBO's GOT, but admit that half the time, they are very confused as to what is going on. The show is obviously built upon GRRM's work, and they love the fact that main characters are never safe (i.e. Ned, Catelyn, Robb Stark). They love the fact that there are hot women in every episode. They love that the White Walkers are out there and that people are squabbling over Mereen and King's Landing while being totally oblivious to something much more important. They love that a character who started as a tiny tom-boy is turning into a lethal assassin.

They do notice problems with the writing. They mentioned that it was stupid that the Dorne chicks killed Myrcella when her boat was only 1/2 mile off the coast. Why didn't Jaime turn the boat around and go back and kill those chicks? They wonder why the Unsullied, who are supposed to be some of the most awesome warriors in the world, seem to get their ass kicked every time they are in a fight.

But, they love that there is so much shock value in the shows. Things like the Red Wedding, The death of Joffrey, The burning of Shireen, The rape of Sansa, The decimation of Stannis' army, The death of Jon, The uncomfortable walk of Cersei. Those things are so awesome that they keep non-readers glued to the show and excited for the next episode.

All in all, it is a fantastic show. But, as HBO begins to digress more and more from GRRM's story-line, the quality of the plot is falling off. I wouldn't expect the non-reader to come to the same conclusion, because they have no other story line to compare it to, and there is still enough AWESOME in the show to overcome the negatives.

I think ANY show especially in the hour time spot begins to have some issues in plot lines and continued story development when you get into 5 plus seasons and I agree as they move away from an author who is obviously fantastic in that regard it is going to get even harder.

I fall in line with what you described above and enjoy much of what you recapped. I totally agree with the unsullied. Those guys went from Navy seals to pansies in a few episodes!

So I guess someone has a theory out there that when Jon Snow died his eyes turned from black to purple. Theory goes that this confirms he has Valyrian blood and will be brought back to life.

Did any of you notice this?

So I guess someone has a theory out there that when Jon Snow died his eyes turned from black to purple. Theory goes that this confirms he has Valyrian blood and will be brought back to life.

Did any of you notice this?

I recently re-read ADWD, and don't think there was any mention of this. I don't know how that could have possibly happened, as Jon's death was from his own POV, and people can not tell what color their own eyes are. That would be something that would have to be observed by someone else.

No on the HBO season finale they said in the final scene as Jon is laying in the snow dying.

71c2c403966e1ca87fa30e22ea90f2b81b18610b.gif

I can't tell in this gif but I am going to check the game film when I get home.

I see both sides to it.

I don't care that they stray from the books (they honestly have to) but I do think the further they have gotten away the quality of the show has dipped some. Don't get me wrong I don't think it sucks. I thought the Hardhomme episode might be my favorite of the whole series and honestly one of the best things done in regards to the universe including the books. However, I do think the show has started relying a little too much on the big moments and the inbetween stuff makes less sense.

Reactions: Been Jammin
No on the HBO season finale they said in the final scene as Jon is laying in the snow dying.

71c2c403966e1ca87fa30e22ea90f2b81b18610b.gif

I can't tell in this gif but I am going to check the game film when I get home.

Danny's nor her brother's eyes are purple in the show, so I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT