ADVERTISEMENT

Good For Michael Bloomberg

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

He maybe a Democrat and I'm sure I disagree with most everyone of his political views but I have to say I respect this from him.

Reactions: AC2020
I trained there for a couple of years. Hopkins med school grads get top-tier residencies and can pretty much write their own ticket. Also keep in mind that a lot of them come from elite East-coast families who can 100% afford student loans. The rich get richer.

I’d love to see some wealthy benefactor donate to OSU (or even OU) Med and underwrite every med student’s tuition. Thinking Kaiser should step up. He’s got a few bucks to spare. Or Tom Green or Shusterman or Love family. It’d transform healthcare in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Is medical school debt a big thing?
I get it if you are in family practice, pediatrics or internal medicine.

But it seams that most can pay thier debt off pretty easily.

Bloomberg's media and financial empire has been instrumental in enabling Chinese Communist Party activity in the United States. He's made $100M's listing unregulated Chinese stocks on NASDAQ and NYSE, and promoting them with his media company.

I'd pump the brakes on anything Ni Hao Bloomberg publicizes, but that's just me.

Is medical school debt a big thing?
I get it if you are in family practice, pediatrics or internal medicine.

But it seams that most can pay thier debt off pretty easily.
I had $200K in debt from OU Med in 1997, took 11 years to pay it off after med school. And 7 of those years were residency and fellowship.

There were 140 in my class, so that’s $28MM for the entire class. A single $1 billion donation would would pay for it in perpetuity.

Although kids these days are graduating with > $500k in debt. And then taking residency jobs for $60K/year. They’re sinking in debt by the time they get out in practice.

FYI I haven’t given a dime back to OU Med. Fükk them hoes.

Reactions: HighStickHarry
I had $200K in debt from OU Med in 1997, took 11 years to pay it off after med school. And 7 of those years were residency and fellowship.

There were 140 in my class, so that’s $28MM for the entire class. A single $1 billion donation would would pay for it in perpetuity.

Although kids these days are graduating with > $500k in debt. And then taking residency jobs for $60K/year. They’re sinking in debt by the time they get out in practice.

FYI I haven’t given a dime back to OU Med. Fükk them hoes.
My wife graduated from OU in 2000 owing 130k. We paid it off in just over a year.

The depressing thing she noticed was all of the classmates who were ivy league or top out of state schools who had crazy amounts of debt to go with med school. She graduated from UCO with zero debt. She also reminded them of it chance she got. Harvard and such schools got them in debt and in the same program as a directional school grad.

Bloomberg's media and financial empire has been instrumental in enabling Chinese Communist Party activity in the United States. He's made $100M's listing unregulated Chinese stocks on NASDAQ and NYSE, and promoting them with his media company.

I'd pump the brakes on anything Ni Hao Bloomberg publicizes, but that's just me.
Good point but when a person does something good we should recognize it.

The Choctaw Nation footed granddaughter-in-law OU tuition for 4 years. She made student loan for year 5, long since paid back. Her older sister returned to Oklahoma City U for her PHD and the Nation picked up the tab. Sometimes the Nations do questionable charities.

Reactions: OrangeTuono
My wife graduated from OU in 2000 owing 130k. We paid it off in just over a year.

The depressing thing she noticed was all of the classmates who were ivy league or top out of state schools who had crazy amounts of debt to go with med school. She graduated from UCO with zero debt. She also reminded them of it chance she got. Harvard and such schools got them in debt and in the same program as a directional school grad.
Yeah I had some leftover debt from undergrad too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT