ADVERTISEMENT

Gooch

Coach Speak

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2006
OKC
As it stands right now, do you think he is having buyers remorse or is he happy as bugs in a bait shop?

I said when this started and he announced he was going to play that it was a bad business decision to chase money right now. There’s a lot to be said abt money, and there’s a lot to say abt happiness.

He wanted to “play less” and “spend more time w family”, etc. etc. and now he’s having to play more and travel all over the world and negating the whole purpose of doing what he did, outside of the money.

So I ask the question - is he happy? He made a big ‘ol contract that he gets to chisel away towards on his winnings for the next couple years in his tournaments, so mission accomplished there.

He’s ruined his reputation in the States/PGA. I don’t think he’s ever going to be on speaking terms with the brass of the PGA ever now, and he should have been one of the ring leaders along w Rahm, Rory, JT, etc. as one of the young studs.

He’ll probably end up having great relationships with Patrick Reed, Bryson and Kevin Na. Phil/Brooks/DJ/Euro guys, they’ll all do their own thing or are loners on tour. Brooks and DJ have both boasted abt not really “having boys” on the tour.

It’s just interesting to look back at his last 90 days and either think he’s done really well for himself and made a good move, or made a very bad decision and is already realizing it, even though he should have known what was going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News