ADVERTISEMENT

GMAT: How long did you study?

Zip...showed up and took it. 740. I thought it was extremely easy...much easier than the GRE.

Asked my wife what she remembered...she said she had a review book and looked at it minimally. She doesn't remember her score, 6something...I know she aced the quantitative, but struggled a bit on the verbal...but her native language is not English.

Our experiences may not be very representative as we both had much more background in math than most people taking the test.

This was also 17yrs ago...1998...don't know how much the test has changed...but t the time, if you were decent at math and had good reading comprehension, you could do fine.

Showed up and took it. Scored in 700s....18 years ago :)

Thanks guys... I have a BS and MS in a science field and I've always been pretty good with math. I got a 1310 on the GRE but honestly I feel like the quantitative stuff on the practice tests is stuff I haven't seen since high school. I've been out of grad school for 6 years and I am kind of feeling like a dumbass. Needing to get a 700+ for the B-Schools I'm looking at.

What about the verbal? Worth spending anytime at all on that?

Oh yea... I am definitely going to be studying. Probably take the test in January.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT