ADVERTISEMENT

GIA in the final minutes

AtownPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2006
Corpus Christi
Pretty decent little write up about the noise level last night with some short clips.

I especially like this part.

"Even head coach Brad Underwood took note of the difference it made in the closing minutes.

“It was extremely impressive how loud Gallagher was during that stretch,” said Underwood.

On its surface a three-point home loss to a top-10 team seems like a missed opportunity. Just a week ago, this team was literally fighting for its bubble life. Yet a five-game winning streak including a win over a quality SEC opponent cooled that discussion. Regardless, another top-10 win in consecutive games to cap a six-game winning streak would have done wonders for the resume.

And you could think on the “what ifs?” of that all you want.

But despite the loss. Despite the missed opportunity to solidify what is looking more and more like a team primed to play itself well into March, all I can fall back to is that nostalgic feeling of what Gallagher Iba, if only for four minutes, gave us in that moment. She was breathing flames down Scott Drew’s back. Even a near insurmountable deficit was nearly toppled.

When I left the arena expecting to feel disappointment, all I could find was hope. Less than a year into the Underwood area, that same fire breathing that nearly blew over the Baylor team in the second half has given new life to a program left by the wayside.

There’s a long road ahead in restoring a once-prestigious basketball program to its glory days, but for the first time in awhile I think the pride has been restored. Prestige will come with time."

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/baylor-loss-shows-glimpse-gallagher-iba-will-become-underwood/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News