ADVERTISEMENT

Funny Political Photoshops/Memes/Pictures

Because it's true or because of the picture?

Here is why I think it is bizarre just from a logic standpoint.

First and foremost, it is a race wanting credit for ceasing to enslave another. I think that is bizarre. Do you thank someone for not enslaving you anymore?

Second, I've read several times on this board, and heard the argument over and over how modern white people shouldn't be blamed for slavery that was abolished 150+ years ago. Because I didn't enslave anyone, and it's a generalization. But, this seems to want credit for something that nobody alive had any personal responsibility for. And as far as generalizations go, a distinct percentage of those same white people who were in fact directly responsible for the abolition of slavery would have preferred that slavery NOT have been abolished. Seems contradictory to me.

As far as the historical reasons:

Who else can you blame large-scale plantation agriculture in the western Hemisphere (which by the image it seems to be referring to) BUT white Europeans? And beyond that, short of there having been a insanely large scale slave revolt, who else COULD have ended it, but white people? They are the ones that started it.

And to preempt this argument, yes, Natives had slavery, but it wasn't chattel slavery. It was an ancient, primitive, I conquered-your-tribe-and-now-I'll-do-what-I-want-with-you type. And was not nearly of the scale or complexity or an integral part of their economy as the European-African Slave Trade.

In fact, that's what MOST slavery has/had been for millennia. There was not an implied racial element. The Romans had slaves, the Ottomans had slaves, Arabs had slaves. But, they weren't all uni-formally one race, from West Africa, with absolutely zero room for social mobility while enslaved. THAT'S why black people are still pissed about it. If even 20% of slaves had been white. Real, cradle-to-grave, born into it slaves, who knows what this country would have been.

But, to give credit to an entire race for stopping what they perpetuated and turned into a complex machine, that above all is what is bizarre to me.

Should a wife thank their husband for not beating the hell out of her anymore? If a guy is whooping my ass, just because he's bigger and stronger and he can, do I thank him for stopping?

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007

First and foremost, it is a race wanting credit for ceasing to enslave another. I think that is bizarre. Do you thank someone for not enslaving you anymore?

Second, I've read several times on this board, and heard the argument over and over how modern white people shouldn't be blamed for slavery that was abolished 150+ years ago. Because I didn't enslave anyone, and it's a generalization. But, this seems to want credit for something that nobody alive had any personal responsibility for. And as far as generalizations go, a distinct percentage of those same white people would have preferred that slavery NOT have been abolished. Seems contradictory to me.

Who else can you blame large-scale plantation agriculture in the western Hemisphere (which by the image it seems to be referring to) BUT white Europeans? And beyond that, short of there having been a insanely large scale slave revolt, who else COULD have ended it, but white people? They are the ones that started it.

And to preempt this argument, yes, Natives had slavery, but it wasn't chattel slavery. It was an ancient, primitive, I conquered-your-tribe-and-now-I'll-do-what-I-want-with-you type. And was not nearly of the scale or complexity or an integral part of their economy as the European-African Slave Trade.

In fact, that's what MOST slavery has/had been for millennia. There was not an implied racial element. The Romans had slaves, the Ottomans had slaves, Arabs had slaves. But, they weren't all uni-formally one race, from West Africa, with absolutely zero room for social mobility while enslaved. THAT'S why black people are still pissed about it. If even 20% of slaves had been white. Real, cradle-to-grave, born into it slaves, who knows what this country would have been.

But, to give credit to an entire race for stopping what they perpetuated and turned into a complex machine, that above all is what is bizarre to me.

Should a wife thank their husband for not beating the hell out of her anymore? If a guy is whooping my ass, just because he's bigger and stronger and he can, do I thank him for stopping?
Thanks for the response. I have no argument. Just curious what you thought was bizarre.

Reactions: SMemmett
25399076_10160360992390354_1994674368940771592_n.jpg

Because it's true or because of the picture?

Second, I've read several times on this board, and heard the argument over and over how modern white people shouldn't be blamed for slavery that was abolished 150+ years ago. Because I didn't enslave anyone, and it's a generalization. But, this seems to want credit for something that nobody alive had any personal responsibility for. And as far as generalizations go, a distinct percentage of those same white people who were in fact directly responsible for the abolition of slavery would have preferred that slavery NOT have been abolished. Seems contradictory to me.

You've convinced me.

My white privilege is the shame of my life. White poeple are the devil.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

As a white guy, getting painted with a very broad brush, I'm not asking for credit for anything. I'm simply insisting that I personally have had nothing to do what-so-ever with enslaving anyone and will not personally or collectively accept any blame for historic atrocities committed by people who happen to have the same skin color as me.

As a white guy, getting painted with a very broad brush, I'm not asking for credit for anything. I'm simply insisting that I personally have had nothing to do what-so-ever with enslaving anyone and will not personally or collectively accept any blame for historic atrocities committed by people who happen to have the same skin color as me.

Good! I'm not arguing with you. I was simply commenting on @GunsOfFrankEaton's weird meme.

@NZ Poke I don't see your point. Jew does not equal white European from your perspective? What would you classify them as? What would a black slave classify them as?

Also, can you post WITHOUT the links and tweets? You could have said, "What about the Jews!?" And gotten your point across.

Last edited:
This isn't factually accurate.

There were also many Jewish slave owners and slave traders in the USA.

Forward Magazine even admits this.

image.jpg

Source: https://forward.com/culture/213776/should-jews-have-to-pay-reparations-for-slavery/

Not to mention, one of the highest ranking leaders of the Confederate States of America was a Jewish slave trader.

This barely scratches the surface of this subject.

DMyzgTrVwAAkINe

DMyzsJqVAAARgRL

DMyzu0GU8AA1rUc
There's a lot of speculation that Benjamin, along with Albert Pike and Slidell, masterminded the Lincoln assassination. I tend to believe they were involved. John Wilkes Booth and his little band of ragtag thugs, couldn't have gotten as far as they did without some orchestration from above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT