OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma

Former Oklahoma State wrestler AJ Ferrari commits to Cal State Bakersfield​

Portrait of Justin MartinezJustin Martinez
The Oklahoman

Former Oklahoma State wrestler AJ Ferrari announced his commitment to Cal State Bakersfield on Friday.

Ferrari joined OSU as the top prospect in the 2020 class, and he won an NCAA title and Big 12 championship at 197 pounds as a freshman in 2021. He also went 10-0 to begin the 2021-22 campaign but missed the rest of the season due to injuries sustained in a car accident.

In August 2022, Ferrari was arrested and charged with one felony count of sexual battery stemming from a July 2, 2022, incident at the home of a Stillwater female who accused him of performing unwanted sexual acts. Less than two weeks after the incident, OSU announced Ferrari was no longer part of the program.

The sexual battery charge against Ferrari was dropped on Oct. 6, 2023. He has not wrestled at the collegiate level since his departure from OSU despite taking a visit to Iowa in December 2023.

Ferrari now plans to join a Cal State Bakersfield program that went 0-12 last season.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
As if drawn to a wreck on the side of the highway, I looked at a few of AJ's many lifting vids and you've got to admit the psycho is a physical beast. He has got to top the list of all-time disappointments in OSU wrestling history. He probably would have been a four-timer and if you throw in the loss of his brothers, it was a loss of epic proportions.

Meh on the four timer talk. There have been what, 4 of them? Yianni, Dake, Sanderson, Pat Smith. No knock on AJ's title but he would have a long ways to go to be included in those circles.

As if drawn to a wreck on the side of the highway, I looked at a few of AJ's many lifting vids and you've got to admit the psycho is a physical beast. He has got to top the list of all-time disappointments in OSU wrestling history. He probably would have been a four-timer and if you throw in the loss of his brothers, it was a loss of epic proportions.
I think that’s what made everything about who he is as a person all the more disappointing. He’s a million dollar talent with dollar store character/decision making. The Title IX folks at Bakersfield have to be sweating bullets right now.

Ugh you might want to update that list.
Who'd I miss? Still, 4 time champ is a rare occurrence. Yes he was a loss but winning 4 titles, staying healthy, opponents not figuring him out, staying at OSU in the NIL/portal era for 4 years... consider me skeptical that those things all happen in any scenario lol

Reactions: Stilly08
Who'd I miss? Still, 4 time champ is a rare occurrence. Yes he was a loss but winning 4 titles, staying healthy, opponents not figuring him out, staying at OSU in the NIL/portal era for 4 years... consider me skeptical that those things all happen in any scenario lol
Steiber won his 4 th about 10 years ago. Brooks and Starocci this year

It definitely set us back. I think it effected the team emotionally more than anything else.

Due to Covid he could have been a 5 timer

Objectively, he is a phenomenal athlete and super talented.. In every area that he recieved gifts athleticall he seems to have been lacking socially.. It seems like as good as he was individually, he was cancerous to everyone else... radioactive.. he didnt seem to inspire teammates and didnt seem to be able to raise up people around him. At a certain point, after certain lines are crossed, a coach has to ask themselves if its worth it to have him around.

2 things.

1. CSUB’s 197 last year was 0-12 and was pinned 7 times, and teched 3. Really not a lot to lose from this standpoint.

2. AJ might have athletic eligibility but I highly question his academic standing as a student. There is a certain threshold that athletes must maintain as far as credits towards graduation.

2 things.

1. CSUB’s 197 last year was 0-12 and was pinned 7 times, and teched 3. Really not a lot to lose from this standpoint.

2. AJ might have athletic eligibility but I highly question his academic standing as a student. There is a certain threshold that athletes must maintain as far as credits towards graduation.
Who's he gonna workout with in the room ?

Reactions: Stilly08
2 things.

He was enrolled last year 1st semester and had his credits to wrestle 2nd semester. So worse case scenario he would be ready 2nd semester this year unless he took summer courses

Reactions: vhsalum
FYI - I work near Edwards AFB and I occasionally go over to CSUB when they have interesting duals or when someone I know personally is wrestling. I told the people on the PSU message board that I would keep them posted on how AJ is doing if I go to any duals next season. I can do the same here if you guys are interested.

Bringing in AJ is a pretty risky move, but it could be a HUGE payoff. Could put their team on the map. They really don’t have anything to lose. They don’t have much else going for them. I hope it does work out for them.

lol he just can’t help himself… I do think it’s funny how he waited to talk this noise until it became a forgone conclusion that CStar isn’t going 197.

When everyone still thought CStar might go 197, AJ sucked up to him

It seems like if he was rally confident, he would have welcomed CStar up to 197 for a beating. Telling him to stay away seems to have a bit of fear behind it. Of course, that psychology may only work for normal humans and it may not apply to AJ.

Reactions: Pokewood
It seems like if he was rally confident, he would have welcomed CStar up to 197 for a beating. Telling him to stay away seems to have a bit of fear behind it. Of course, that psychology may only work for normal humans and it may not apply to AJ.
AJ telling CS to stay away is everything him being cocky. He is telling CS to stay away as a threat because he thinks CS has a chance to beat him.

Bringing in AJ is a pretty risky move, but it could be a HUGE payoff. Could put their team on the map. They really don’t have anything to lose. They don’t have much else going for them. I hope it does work out for them.
You are probably right .... that being said I think when that family is involved with your program they can rot it to the core. I agree with the upside but I do think there is plenty to lose.

Reactions: Pokewood
You are probably right .... that being said I think when that family is involved with your program they can rot it to the core. I agree with the upside but I do think there is plenty to lose.
They were definitely a cancer here. For the entire community.

Reactions: Howie_Fartz
Not an AJ fan at all but here's my 2 cents: He didn't wait for Carter to make it known that he was going 184 before saying anything, hell he's just now getting started w/ CSB. Nor does he think Cstar can beat him. This dude is twisted off in the head and he works out that way. He used to thump Perry's ass in the room as a true freshman and anyone else that wanted to try. He really believes his hype but also puts in the work.

That being said his biggest obstacle to a title is himself. I'll be surprised if he can keep from imploding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT