ADVERTISEMENT

Football Observations and a Recommendation

Tulsa Hombre

Starter
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2016
I attended the Spring Game, and have these observations:

1. I saw some good things from Harper and Obongmeiga at linebacker. They play fast and are not afraid of contact. Why not put McGruder back to safety since we have 7-8 good looking players at linebacker already?

2. Alexander adds more ridiculous depth at wide receiver. With Greenwood, Wallace, and Johnson coming in this summer, we have 12 or more quality receivers available. I'm sure they'll redshirt at least 3-4 of these, but even Obialo will provide some quality minutes if needed. Years ago, he would have started for us, and may not be third team now. For you old timers, I remember when Mark Cromer started as a freshmen and he ran a 4.8 forty. Things have certainly changed. Mark did a good job with limited speed , but he would not have been on the depth chart today.

3. We still need to figure out how to use Keenan Brown more effectively. Are we trying to keep him under wraps, or simply wasting his talent? If they use him correctly, and if he improves over the summer, I don't see how a team can defend us. They will have to cover the entire field of play at all times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News