ADVERTISEMENT

Fix named his List of Programs

chasepollard

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2005
Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Penn State, Ohio State and Nebraska.

Maybe it's a little unwarranted, but I'm worried about North Carolina.

NC could be a good fit with Scott and Ramos. Question may be if wrestling for a team national title matters to him. NC is heading in the right direction but still has a way to go to get near the top.

Coleman Scott is this generations Eric Guerrero.

Honestly, I think Ramos would hurt Fix as a coach...Coleman would do well with him and I feel we have a worry here?

Ward was a Jr. I'm pretty sure. Fix may not have the luxury of a RS year or the choice of one at UNC?

Brock will be a junior and allow Fix to RS possibly.

Thx. Henderson was the 33 right? I think he may of graduated. Another question....how long is Scotts contract? If it's not OSU or OU I'm not as updated!

Coleman Scott is this generations Eric Guerrero.

Honestly, I think Ramos would hurt Fix as a coach...Coleman would do well with him and I feel we have a worry here?

Nah...Ramos will be able to teach him good head hands defense and increase his hand fighting skills. Fix is very offensive and a great freestyler but is susceptible in folk. You can't make up points in folk like you can in free and having a solid defense will serve him well in freestyle (senior level) as well.

I kinda agree with that.....he is a super talent but I personnally feel he will not accomplish in folk what he will in fs. Just my opinion but I feel he lacks a bit in folk..... Not saying he won't be successful but to what level I'm gonna wait and see.

Nah...Ramos will be able to teach him good head hands defense and increase his hand fighting skills. Fix is very offensive and a great freestyler but is susceptible in folk. You can't make up points in folk like you can in free and having a solid defense will serve him well in freestyle (senior level) as well.

Yeah, it will help his defense for sure. But it may be at the expense of his offense.

As far as ceiling in folf, I think it's high and he will be a scoring machine that gets a ton better defensively. He is one guy that I'm really excited for wherever he attends.

Although he probably can't go wrong coaching wise at 4 of the 5, I am hoping he stays home!

You guys are dead wrong about Fix and folk style. I guess you haven't seen him wrestle as many matches as I have. The big worry about UNC is that his cousin is there Cody K.

Circumstances would have had to have changed in the last 6 months for him to end up anywhere except Stillwater. That's awful grammar btw.

Reactions: osu2082
Daton seems to have a very close relationship with his parents. I think this will be a factor with him staying in state.

You guys are dead wrong about Fix and folk style. I guess you haven't seen him wrestle as many matches as I have. The big worry about UNC is that his cousin is there Cody K.

I'm not wrong unless you're pessimistic...

I would be shocked if Fix doesn't win at least 2 national championships with OSU . He is just as good folk style as he is freestyle.

He very well may and I hope so! Time will tell. As we all know....it is a bit of an adjustment from hs to d1 in Folkstyle. I think on his feet he will be fine....the mat game is my only question. I'm not trying to slam the kid... Just speaking opinion. Regardless he is an extraordinary talent!

Was curious which one of the five you feel wouldn't give him the coaching he needs.
We all know Cael cant coach! I read it on BWI and HR! Actually I jest, but...:)

I can see a personality conflict with an assistant at one of the five. I won't say which one, because it isn't my (or your) concern-just something I over heard at a recent wrestling event. Would be a strained relationship to start.

We all know Cael cant coach! I read it on BWI and HR! Actually I jest, but...:)

I can see a personality conflict with an assistant at one of the five. I won't say which one, because it isn't my (or your) concern-just something I over heard at a recent wrestling event. Would be a strained relationship to start.
Fair enough...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT