ADVERTISEMENT

Five Guys in Stillwater

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
So they opened a new Five Guys in Stillwater a week ago. I waited to go to let the new wear off a little bit. So today I go in there to try it since I've never had it before.

I order a cheeseburger, small fries and large drink which is more like most fast food mediums.

My bill was $15.48.

The burger was good and fresh and the fries were the same and they give you a lot of them, but at the end of the day it's still a hamburger and fries. I'll go back when others want to go there but to be honest I like the burgers at The Garage or Freddie's Steak Burger as much as what I got at Five Guys.

I would eat Five Guys and pay the premium price over Freddie's or Garage. I hate the Garage burgers. I guess I don't have as much of a price problem since the wife and I usually split a fry order. Doing this must even the price out compared to other places because I haven't noticed them being pricey.

Reactions: cactusjackosu
You certainly don't need but one order of fries for two people so that would help but I just take a little issue paying $8 for a burger, $3.50 for fries and $3 for a soda in a fast food joint. Didn't get a shake but those are $5.

For $15 bucks I prefer to have a server and an ice cold beer.

I think it’s the best burger you can buy. I think the fries suck.

I'm sure their corporate people have done their homework, but I wouldn't think their price point would do well in a college town. Of course, I didn't Chick-fil-A would do that well when they started building outside the malls.

For $15 bucks I prefer to have a server and an ice cold beer.

Same. If I'm getting a greasy ass burger I want it with a cold beer. Only non sit down/serve beer burger joints I go to are In-N-Out and Whataburger and 99% of the time that's due to kids and being in a hurry.

Anyone eaten at a Shake Shack? I've yet to but want to see what's so special about it. People wait in line for half an hour for a damn hamburger.

those folks didn't have johnnies
sids roberts bunnies growing up

they been eating micky d and the king all their lives

What's so special about Five Guys?

It was a cheeseburger it tasted like a lot of the other million cheeseburgers I've ate over the years, it was good, I would not rate it great.

Five Guys, fresh meat, In N Out, same, Five Guys, fresh cut fries, In N Out, same. Five Guys $15, In N Out $7.

Reactions: ctdub and AC_Exotic
Anyone eaten at a Shake Shack? I've yet to but want to see what's so special about it. People wait in line for half an hour for a damn hamburger.
I ate at the original (not the cart, the first sit down) in NY. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was good. Definitely not anywhere as good as the hype.

Five guys is right up there as my favorite. Wayback burgers cheesy burger may be the best though.

Shake Shack is about the most over rated burger out there. One opened up in Dallas and I happened to be downtown working so I thought I'd try it out. Should have just gone to Whataburger. Really nothing special or memorable. Shake was ok, burger was just ok, and fries were ok. Really it's nothing but NY hype.

What Five Guys charges for basically a fast food hamburger is dumb. If you want to blow that much money on a damn hamburger and fries at a chain go to Houston's, Capital Grille, or some place like that. That's 16-20 bucks you can't regret.

Last edited:
What Five Guys charges for basically a fast food hamburger is dumb. If you want to blow that much money on a damn hamburger and fries at a chain go to Houston's, Capital Grille, or some place like that. That's 16-20 bucks you can't regret.
Except those burgers suck.

Shake Shack is decent, but it's as expensive as Five Guys. It's better than Five Guys though... the only reason you have to wait in line so long is they don't hire the brightest employees. I've been there at 11:15 with no line and still wait 20 minutes after placing my order. At least the Uptown Dallas location is that way. I haven't noticed that problem at the 2 locations in NY I went to.

Capital Grille burger is solid. Never had Houston's.
I haven’t had either, was being sarcastic. I assume they are the thicker burgers and I am not a fan of those.

Might be basic but I've always been a fan of steak and shake burgers, cheap too! They don't do well in OK though

Reactions: EvilPOKES
My family really likes Shake Shack, particularly their concretes. After a trip to NY about 18 months ago when we ate at two locations, the kids kept asking for it. So, we were pleased when they opened locations in Dallas. The one by our house at Preston and Royal usually doesn't have much of a wait. I think their buns and beef are a step above most other places similarly priced. When we want a decent burger as a family, we go there, Hop Doddy or Rodeo Goat. The wife likes Liberty Burger also, but I'm not much of a fan.

The one by our house at Preston and Royal
Butler.jpg

If you are ever in Bartlesville, do yourself a favor and stop in at Lot-a-Burger and have a double-double with fries. My favorite burger.

Reactions: capanski
The Mrs. and I had Shake Shack in NYC a few years back and thought it was pretty good. Like most have already said though, it's still way too overhyped.

We're supposedly getting one about 3 miles away in a new strip mall nearby and while we're happy about it, I bet we won't eat there more than 2-3 times per year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT