ADVERTISEMENT

Feel Free To Ignore The Writing

Go Israel!

milk-missile-missile.gif

Go Israel!

milk-missile-missile.gif
Gaza, the West Bank and Israel are talked about in the lecture, but what it’s about is the importance of “real journalism” as opposed to “coverage” coming out of cable news channels. The lecture is from 2003, 21 years ago, and it is distressing to know nothing has changed, basically gotten worse, as networks abandon journalism, the reporting from every side in a conflict, to one-sided coverage. I didn’t know who Ashley Banfield is, but her lecture is mesmerizing.

Gaza, the West Bank and Israel are talked about in the lecture, but what it’s about is the importance of “real journalism” as opposed to “coverage” coming out of cable news channels. The lecture is from 2003, 21 years ago, and it is distressing to know nothing has changed, basically gotten worse, as networks abandon journalism, the reporting from every side in a conflict, to one-sided coverage. I didn’t know who Ashley Banfield is, but her lecture is mesmerizing.
Real journalism died when Obama was elected president. At that point, the MSM went fully to bat for him, and Fox proved that being the foil was profitable, and journalism has been party-line rhetoric ever since.

Edit: And many of your ex NYTimers who now do substack played a heavy role in that death. So to hear them publish now about the death of journalism is frankly comical.

Real journalism died when Obama was elected president. At that point, the MSM went fully to bat for him, and Fox proved that being the foil was profitable, and journalism has been party-line rhetoric ever since.

Edit: And many of your ex NYTimers who now do substack played a heavy role in that death. So to hear them publish now about the death of journalism is frankly comical.
“Real journalism” died long before Obama. I would say of every link I have ever posted this lecture, which set back Banfield’s career for years, is the one I would encourage you to listen to if you were only going to listen to one. It’s that good.

“Real journalism” died long before Obama. I would say of every link I have ever posted this lecture, which set back Banfield’s career for years, is the one I would encourage you to listen to if you were only going to listen to one. It’s that good.
When IN YOUR OPINION did journalism die then? When did the NYTimes become the DNCTimes? What moment in time do you correlate to media finally jumping the shark and simply becoming mouthpieces? It was after Clinton, imo. Otherwise you don't get the Blue dress story and a media willing to talk about it. Between Clinton and Obama, you had Republican presidents and a left-leaning media, so investigative journalism was still occurring. It was only with the election of Obama, that the media decided that to investigate the Obama administration (in any way) was tantamount to racism. Hence, why I state that journalism died with the election of Obama. So I ask you. In YOUR opinion, when did journalism die?

When IN YOUR OPINION did journalism die then? When did the NYTimes become the DNCTimes? What moment in time do you correlate to media finally jumping the shark and simply becoming mouthpieces? It was after Clinton, imo. Otherwise you don't get the Blue dress story and a media willing to talk about it. Between Clinton and Obama, you had Republican presidents and a left-leaning media, so investigative journalism was still occurring. It was only with the election of Obama, that the media decided that to investigate the Obama administration (in any way) was tantamount to racism. Hence, why I state that journalism died with the election of Obama. So I ask you. In YOUR opinion, when did journalism die?
In the time of Richard Nixon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT