ADVERTISEMENT

Federal tax receipts

It's sad how the MSM continues to ignore stories that go against the preferred liberal narrative. Tax revenues are up yet the deficit continue to climb. Any thinking person would conclude we have a spending problem not a revenue problem but that thinking defeats the liberal narrative. Oh and just the interest on the debt mostly attributed to the liberal messiah Obama was only 234 billion.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Why are we cheering increase in gov? We should be starving it.

It's not that we are cheering increased government, it's that we are pointing out that lowering of tax rates actually increases tax revenue, instead of reducing it the way Democrats claim it does. Remember Nancy Pelosi denounced Trump's tax plan as Armageddon and the liberal sheep fell right in line with that thinking. Now that we can see the results have improved the economy, while at the same time increased tax revenue it's important to point this out.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/363238-pelosi-denounces-gop-tax-reform-as-armageddon

Give me per capita.
pubchart

Find something that shows just the last 10 years. I’ve looked up both tax receipts and annual population growth. Your chart doesn’t show that.
You want just 10 years then make your own doc. As to me, I went back to 2000 to see if my hunch was correct. It was.

Feel free to review the data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-TBlhY0tlyk_GmLBf0-OBr5BuIfXSKDLhJswS/pubhtml

If you see something amiss, let me know. I am curious about this topic. Specifically I want to dig into the follow on impacts of continued high deficit spending in periods of growth including the impact on leverage in the next business cycle.

Last edited:
No it doesn't. Growth increases receipts. Well, that and inflation, but it's cheating not to factor that in.
growth is correct for sure, which was a resultant of the tax cut. Inflation is also correct, what can cause inflation?

growth is correct for sure, which was a resultant of the tax cut. Inflation is also correct, what can cause inflation?

Your ask has been fulfilled - you've got your graph. What pray tell were you hoping to demonstrate with your original request?

Here is what I see: Trump tax cut and continued deficit spending have had a nominal impact on receipts especially compared to previous administrations that obtained superior improvements in receipts without a deficit swelling tax cut or spending increases.

Does lowering taxes help economic growth?
Could you be more specific? Which taxes, targeting which producer/consumer? In what context?

Categorically, I will declare that lowering taxes has a short term stimulative effect that is potentially offset by negative consequences including but not limited to driving additional deficit spending.

Your ask has been fulfilled - you've got your graph. What pray tell were you hoping to demonstrate with your original request?

Here is what I see: Trump tax cut and continued deficit spending have had a nominal impact on receipts especially compared to previous administrations that obtained superior improvements in receipts without a deficit swelling tax cut or spending increases.
You clearly know...you are doing everything you can to not give even a little bit of credit to reduced taxes.

How do you explain the consistent growth (from 2009 on) prior to the tax cut?
it’s very easy to grow from nothing.

You clearly know...you are doing everything you can to not give even a little bit of credit to reduced taxes.

it’s very easy to grow from nothing.
I am pretty clear that the right kind of tax cut in the right circumstance is a very good idea. See the Obama Tax Holiday. Lots of folks were opposed, but it was targeted, short lived, and effective. That wasn't easy. That was smart.

The Trump tax cuts are about politics and optics. They have had minimal impact IMO.

I am pretty clear that the right kind of tax cut in the right circumstance is a very good idea. See the Obama Tax Holiday. Lots of folks were opposed, but it was targeted, short lived, and effective. That wasn't easy. That was smart.

The Trump tax cuts are about politics and optics. They have had minimal impact IMO.
Of course.

Reactions: davidallen
Let me ask you guys a quick question. Which of the following do you think is most effective in increasing job growth?
  • General Payroll Tax Cut
  • Payroll Tax Cut tied to new hiring
  • Extending unemployment benefits
  • Trump style income/corp tax cut

Sure. I’m guessing it is unemployment benefits. You can miracle a chart from salon.com or some other radical left site showing that.

while we are at it...I don’t believe you explained what might cause inflation since you require an inflation adjusted chart.
Ding ding ding. If you care about efficient growth stimulus the CBO says the biggest bang for the buck comes from unemployment benefits - no salon.com required.

If you have a point about inflation, please make it. You don't need me to do so do you?

Ding ding ding. If you care about efficient growth stimulus the CBO says the biggest bang for the buck comes from unemployment benefits - no salon.com required.

If you have a point about inflation, please make it. You don't need me to do so do you?
Just wondering if you know what might cause inflation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT