ADVERTISEMENT

Fallout 4 blows....

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
....the doors off the previous two games in Fallout!!

I was skeptical at first, but after I settled in and started getting into it and figured out all the little nuances of gameplay...it's easy for me to see how this could for sure be GOY.

The history...the characters....the minutia...there's nothing like it.

Awesome, dude. I remember feeling that way about the original Pitfall in about 19 and 82. I had a spiral notebook in which I mapped the entire jungle. Me and Harry kicked that game's azz. Ten or 20 pixels at a time.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reactions: CowboyJD
The games just keep getting better, and it makes old nerds like me stay inside the house more and more and get no sun.

Last edited:
I tried to get back into it in the early 90s with Doom and Myst because they had cool box covers. Liked Doom well enough but my kids quickly surpassed me. I quit when I realized I would never be smart enough to get out of the second room in Myst.

I just sat there and screamed, "What the hell do you want me to do?"

That game ended lots of gaming careers for OGs (original gamers). So much so that they made a parody called "Pyst". I played Myst once and it was the first game that I said "F*%} IT" and just stopped playing, not because the game was too hard per say, but because I was in college and had better things to do than play video games at that very moment. Plus, I never had a real gaming PC that was any good with games.

When the Sony PlayStation came out, that's when I got back into gaming. That and the first Xbox with Splinter Cell. The first Tomb Raider on the original PlayStation kept me going for weeks.

I kinda took a sabbatical somewhat after that until I discovered Fallout in 2008. I was nutty for another game like that and jumped all over Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim. This new Fallout game has been a welcomed fix lol.

I'm about 60 hours into this and it's got me by the short and curlies....

I caint work, caint sleep, and I'm drinkin coffee and I smell like pits and ass.

Damn I love being a big stinky nerd.

Can a person with no background start with Fallout 4 or do you need to go back to the first version? Or is there some game or games that a newbie should learn first?

Like I really need another time killer in my life.

Good to hear I wasn't the only one who had no use for Myst.

Each Fallout game really starts with an entirely different main character and story. Yes, there is a larger back story, but unless you are just really dead set on knowing all that, there's no reason you couldn't just jump in and go. There are some elements that would be nice to be famailir with, but you would have no issues jumping in. Fallout 4 is different than the old games in the way that it allows you to build "settlements" and there's weopon and armor crafting ala Skyrim. So aside from some of the familiar gameplay for those of that have played it over the years, it's a new experience for everyone.

I would suggest checking out some of the "Fallout Lore" videos on YouTube that would get you up to speed on the back story a bit, but this game starts with sort of a "prequel" in the beginning anyway, showing you what life was like in this world prior to the nuclear Armageddon that made the Fallout universe what it is.

It really is a game that you would enjoy, and because it's a "sandbox" style game, there's no real right or wrong way to play it. I had a buddy come over yesterday morning and he played some of my character for about an hour and was HOOKED. And he hasn't really played any video games in about 10 years as well. But he did fine and didn't have too many issues figuring it out and getting through some of the encounters.

Word of warning: it's 5:30 am and I have been at it since last night at about 10 lol. I don't work today and my wife is going to Tulsa for an appt. so I am going to sleep all morning and wake up and start hammering it again lol. It's ADDICTING...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...is-a-painfully-addictive-pain-in-the-ass.html

Here's an interesting write up about the game. I haven't had any real game ending glitches, and I have the PS4 version. Sometimes a button doesn't work, but I simply to some other motion and it will come back. Usually it's that my Pipboy won't come up. I walk around and talk with someone and then it works again. That's it as far as any issues for me.

I dont have either of these consoles so Ive never played these type of games.

Ive got a boy and girl that are wanting a xbox.

Can you save different "games" on these types of games? So my son can have his character and my daughter hers?

I dont have either of these consoles so Ive never played these type of games.

Ive got a boy and girl that are wanting a xbox.

Can you save different "games" on these types of games? So my son can have his character and my daughter hers?
Yes, you definitely can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT