ADVERTISEMENT

Electric car vs hurricane

The video isn’t fake. I saw it several days ago, not in a tweet by that handle.

But I’m betting the tweet itself is fake, ie if a house in siesta key burned down because of a Tesla fire I’m betting that’s not the actual video
It’s very weird. The water does not appear to be very high at all.

I just bought a Tesla a month ago. I’ve never driven anything like it. I love it.

Reactions: iasooner24
It’s very weird. The water does not appear to be very high at all.

I just bought a Tesla a month ago. I’ve never driven anything like it. I love it.

It’s isn’t very high. But I’ve read stories and seen some other videos re morons trying to drive EVs through standing water.

EVs and water do not mix, period. I would not own one in flood prone areas.

Lastly, there could have been a defect with that car that made it more vulnerable. But if I’m expecting storm surge flooding I’m not leaving an EV in the garage, that’s for sure.

Reactions: squeak
It’s isn’t very high. But I’ve read stories and seen some other videos re morons trying to drive EVs through standing water.

EVs and water do not mix, period. I would not own one in flood prone areas.

Lastly, there could have been a defect with that car that made it more vulnerable. But if I’m expecting storm surge flooding I’m not leaving an EV in the garage, that’s for sure.
How bout we just drive ICE cars?

Seems alot simpler.

I love my electric leaf blower, I love my electric (battery powered) pole saw...that might be the greatest invention ever. I've got 3 batteries so I'd run out of sharp chain before battery power, but it really is great. I love my electric golf cart as well. I just wouldn't drive it through a puddle over 4 inches deep. Now, an electric car still has too many limitations for me to jump on the band wagon. Throw in the loss of electrical power where you can't charge it, just adds another layer of issues in the purchase decision. I'll probably get there, but not yet. I see where Ford is throwing in the installation of a charger and the charger itself when you buy a new EV from them. I'm guessing it's the lower powered charger so would take overnight to recharge. They say the first 80% charges pretty quick, it's that last 20% that takes so long. I'd be good with that 80% charge, especially if I was in a hurry.

Help! State Farm help! 🤣
State Farm is the suck. Funny thing about state farm. My son was rear ended by a state farm customer and I WAS also a state farm customer. They tried to put the claim on my policy. My son is on my ex wifes farmers policy. I called because my son is underage. I had to sue, dropped them and just the other day (6 months after). State Farm called to get me back as a customer. Not an agent, Corporate. I told the guy thanks but maybe he might want to look at the notes and hung up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT