ADVERTISEMENT

Duck waders?

okstate_1

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
I know you cold weather sissies don't need heavy waders, but in Minnesota we do! :)

Any whoo my waders have a leak andi am looking to get some new ones. what brands do you guys use our like. I am thinking of getting some Hodgmann's.

My waders don't seen to have a hole just major seepage. anyone have an idea that might stop the seepage?

Thanks!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't duck hunt much anymore, but I flyfish quite a bit. The sealant comes with instructions. It's not hard. If it is a rip/tear, It's more of a stretch to get them fixed. As you probably know, they make neoprene wader sealant that comes in a tube but the trick is finding the pin-hole leaks. If it is in the seams, I'm not sure it's worth trying to save them, as that can be harder. Hodgeman is fine, and is one of the decent quality but cheaper brands. I've use a lot of brands, including the one's I mention below. I tend to use Sims for fishing, but there are a lot of brands. I haven't used neoprene in years though. I don't know your budget but I'd go with a heavy duty neoprene since your "practically" in the artic.

LL Bean has some nice waders, Duck Commanders has some (seem to be lighter weight), Proline, REdhead, etc. all are a little cheaper but have some workable waders in their lineup. Maybe just going to a Cabelas or BassPro, GanderMnt, etc. would help. Wish I could be of more help. Are you looking for boot foot or stocking? I assume you wear a belt?
wink.r191677.gif

I would go scan the forum at duckhuntingchat.com . It is an often asked question and those guys are genuine.

I happen to use some heavy cabelas waders that feel like they are made from VERY tough nylon. I generally refuse to buy anything I have to trust in if it is labeled Cabelas or BPS (Redhead) as I generally find their crap so inferior but these were a gift and they have held up well. I would not buy Cabelas brand again however but would stick with Simms, Hodgeman or something from Reeds Sporting Goods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT