ADVERTISEMENT

Don't you just love govt projects and efficiency?

And while we're at it, lets continue to fund anti-poverty programs that do very, very little to actually build that bridge to autonomy. And then invite and allow millions of uneducated immigrants we have to fund? 🤷‍♂️

She was given $42 billion to get Americans on broadband.

Number of Americans she connected: 0

“Bigger businesses always win from bigger government.”

This statement is so true. Anyone here tried to complete the process to become a state supplier? It’s insane. Then, once approved, dealing with state and federal regulations is a nightmare. And if you do put money and effort into an RFP and win, you don’t get paid until work is performed and payment terms are net 45. So if I start a project November 1 and bill monthly, I don’t get paid until January 15.

So, apply to be state supplier. - 6-9 months
Go through RFP process. - 1-3 months
Win and schedule. - 1 month
Perform work and get first payment. - 2.5 months.

Start to first payment 10.5-15.5 months.

Then, 3 years later you get audited by Cindy Byrd who is looking to get elected and needs heads on a stick. You get dragged into some small scandal bc someone made an honest mistake.

Not worth it for rural telecom in Woods County. Hardly worth it for ATT.

It is ironic to see some of the posters on this thread have disdain for government intervention in citizens’ lives while in another thread they call for government to interfere in Americans’ lives by instituting tariffs, deciding which industries are winners and which are losers, and siphoning taxpayer dollars to the ones the bureaucrats and politicians decide are the winners. I’ll give you one guess as to what method the bureaucrats and politicians will use to pick the winners.

It is ironic to see some of the posters on this thread have disdain for government intervention in citizens’ lives while in another thread they call for government to interfere in Americans’ lives by instituting tariffs, deciding which industries are winners and which are losers, and siphoning taxpayer dollars to the ones the bureaucrats and politicians decide are the winners. I’ll give you one guess as to what method the bureaucrats and politicians will use to pick the winners.
Sleepy loves yer ass Dan. Kumula wants to hug you. Now go vote or STFU!

Damn that pesky Constitution destroying another one of your insane beliefs.

The U.S. Constitution gives Congress the power to regulate foreign commerce1 and impose tariffs,2 and it gives the President the power to enter into treaties with the advice and consent of the Senate,3 but it does not address whether or how the United States may enter into foreign trade agreements outside of the treaty

Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962, for instance, gives the president the right to levy tariffs upon the secretary of commerce's recommendation without asking Congress.

Reactions: skylinepoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT