ADVERTISEMENT

Dockworkers' strike begins

Oct 31, 2022

Twitter can't decide if Trump or Kamala are behind this. The libs are claiming the head of the union is big buds with Trump and he and Trump are doing this to hurt America. Given that Trump loves America more than anyone, of course this isn't the case.

The rest of Twitter thinks this is the let's attempt to have Kamala save her campaign. Have her swoop in and orchestrate an end to the strike. I get the logic behind this move, but I do question the timing a bit. If the goal is to have Kamala save the day, Americans have to see what they are being saved from. The election is in 5 weeks, if the strike continues it will likely take 3-4 weeks before there are widespread shortages in stores that would impact Americans. And it would likely take a few weeks to get the supply back up. So I can't see where there is enough time in place for Kamala 'saving the day' really mattering. If this strike had begun on Sept 1st, ok I could see that.

As usual, we need cool and calm leadership, and we have Biden and Kamala. God help us.

Twitter can't decide if Trump or Kamala are behind this. The libs are claiming the head of the union is big buds with Trump and he and Trump are doing this to hurt America. Given that Trump loves America more than anyone, of course this isn't the case.

The rest of Twitter thinks this is the let's attempt to have Kamala save her campaign. Have her swoop in and orchestrate an end to the strike. I get the logic behind this move, but I do question the timing a bit. If the goal is to have Kamala save the day, Americans have to see what they are being saved from. The election is in 5 weeks, if the strike continues it will likely take 3-4 weeks before there are widespread shortages in stores that would impact Americans. And it would likely take a few weeks to get the supply back up. So I can't see where there is enough time in place for Kamala 'saving the day' really mattering. If this strike had begun on Sept 1st, ok I could see that.

As usual, we need cool and calm leadership, and we have Biden and Kamala. God help us.
I think it's simply just a strike. I don't think it was caused by anything.

Typically Unions like Democrats, but I don't see how this could possibly hurt Trump.

BUT - I wouldn't be shocked to see Trump get involved and help negotiate a new deal.

This concerns me a lot personally. My company makes 75% of what we sell domestically, but there's enough that jobs at my company could be at risk if this drags on. More broadly this could shut down the economy, and potentially spike inflation as more dollars are chasing fewer goods. And it'll take months to recover.

I think it's simply just a strike. I don't think it was caused by anything.
That's my thought as well. No idea how long it would have to be to seriously impact the supply chain, but it seems like a few days up to a week or so may not cause a big issue. If it gets to 2 weeks, seems like that could be where the pinch starts. I do think if it drags out, I could see Trump negotiating a deal before I could Kamala. She can't even plug in her earbuds for a call.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
That's my thought as well. No idea how long it would have to be to seriously impact the supply chain, but it seems like a few days up to a week or so may not cause a big issue. If it gets to 2 weeks, seems like that could be where the pinch starts. I do think if it drags out, I could see Trump negotiating a deal before I could Kamala. She can't even plug in her earbuds for a call.
You have to realize these ports are a churn. Every day you're shut down more ships are coming and staging loads.

You shut down for a week and it might take 3 for things to get to normal again.

You guys underestimate just how evil and manipulative the left is in this country. Think about everything they have done in the last almost 4 years, has any of it benefited the American people or has it put us on a path of destruction? They knowingly and purposefully created inflation in order to weaken the middleclass but with an election coming up they had to act like they were doing something to get the dumbasses in this country to vote for them one more time. Now they have the perfect tool to drive the economy in this country down. They have one of their Union stooges strike a recovering and venerable supply chain to further erode the economy and one they can convince the dumbasses the left had nothing to do with it.
Remember leftist keep talking about equity, everyone having the same success. Is it easier to have everyone equally poor and reliant on government or everyone equally comfortable and not reliant on government? Answer is obvious.
Add in the left's actions of allowing Iran access to billions of dollars they in turn use to fund terrorism. Shipping has been shut down in the Red Sea and one of the most important shipping routes in the world, the Suez Canal, has seen a massive reduction due to the threat of terrorism.
See the Biden Administration's comments the last day or so about the Longshoreman's strike. He has the ability to keep the workers working by implementing the Taft Hartley Act but he refuses. He and who ever is running the country have refused to get involved in the negotiation process even though they know how important this area of the economy is and how far the two sides are apart. Let's not forget it is the President's job to lead this country and he should be leading in this situation for the benefit of the American people.
Make no mistake this is all intentional and purposely designed to further erode the American economy. America is the last hurdle for the globalist take over of the western world. Let that sink in.

Think I'm out of my mind? Here is our Commerce Secretary on the topic.
In her case, I don't think this is her being evil, it's her being completely incompetent. She also gave an interview during the DNC (while showing up wearing nothing but a white t-shirt), and her attempts at an answer made it clear she's never passed an Econ 101 class. She comes across as totally a DEI hire who has literally no idea what her job entails.

If this was simply about the left trying to further destroy the economy, I would think the strike would have happened a year or two ago. The timing of a month before the election is horrible for the left. UNLESS......they have Kamala swoop in and 'negotiate' a deal, then the unions immediately endorse her. That I could see and and that suggests it was all staged.

But unless that happens, I think Fatman is right, this is just a strike. And Kamala/Biden have no idea how to handle it.

Hopefully we can get Trump in place quickly to save the day. Another of his 'horrific flaws' is that he's an excellent negotiator.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
This is an economic disaster. Joe could put an end to it but he doesn't want to piss off the unions so he's going to screw all the people who grow exported food or manufacture products for the overseas market. This strike is welcome news to China and Mexico and many other competitors.

They want a 77% pay increase

Not sure if that % is true. I did not hear that number. Not calling you on the comment.

Any significant increase in wages right now is exactly what this economy does not need. Short the shelves is even worse. Exponential inflationary increases even in the short term will totally kill democratic campaigns in all contested races. It may also materially impact races where the democrats have double digit leads.

Biden's Commerce Secretary with that statement shot Kamala's campaign in the head. Trump wins this election and his first 90 days will be a ten alarm dumpster fire trying to get this even close to managerable.

Not sure if that % is true. I did not hear that number. Not calling you on the comment.

Any significant increase in wages right now is exactly what this economy does not need. Short the shelves is even worse. Exponential inflationary increases even in the short term will totally kill democratic campaigns in all contested races. It may also materially impact races where the democrats have double digit leads.

Biden's Commerce Secretary with that statement shot Kamala's campaign in the head. Trump wins this election and his first 90 days will be a ten alarm dumpster fire trying to get this even close to managerable.
I heard they were offered a 50% wage increase and refused. Apparently there was some last minute negotiating yesterday. I've also heard they want some assurances against automation replacing their jobs I assume, that makes more sense to me?

You are right, if Trump gets in, this is another mess he will have to deal with. I'm wondering if this might be the left's plan: Thinking they can leave Trump with so any messes to clean up, he won't have time to actually implement any of his policies. It will likely take him at least a couple of years to clean up the mess on the border, and that would be amazing to get it done that quickly.

They may have this as their plan. Leave Trump to clean up everything, then blame him when it doesn't happen, then think they can get a Dem in in 2028 as a result.

I don't think it will work, but that could be their thinking.

My man! 👍

I heard 70%. His number I don't think is far off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT