ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Know Anyone Benefitting from tACA?

Bitter Creek

Heisman Candidate
Apr 24, 2008
I'm going to ask a curious question here in a very non-scientific survey format.

Most everyone that I know, regardless of age, marriage status, parent status is generally happy with their healthcare services and their HC insurance. I don't know of anyone who is starting to benefit as direct result of the ACA.

So, my question is, can you say, with full honesty that you know anyone that now has healthcare available to them now as a result of the new law?

Originally posted by Bitter Creek:

I'm going to ask a curious question here in a very non-scientific survey format.

Most everyone that I know, regardless of age, marriage status, parent status is generally happy with their healthcare services and their HC insurance. I don't know of anyone who is starting to benefit as direct result of the ACA.

So, my question is, can you say, with full honesty that you know anyone that now has healthcare available to them now as a result of the new law?
My brother used to be able to use a coupon to get his meds (he has a condition like MD ) for $20. now that he has insurance he has to pay $50 (I think) , now that he has insurance he can't use the coupon and his new insurance barely covers his med.

Originally posted by Mr. Blonde:
My boss was uninsured and has cancer and is in the process of getting insurance.
I'm really interested to know how this turns out. Seriously. When you know something about his/her getting insurance, if you don't mind, let us know.

My boss was uninsured and has cancer and is in the process of getting insurance.
Without sounding like a prick, is there a particular reason your boss was without insurance? Did he have insurance before he was diagnosed? I ask, because if he chose to not carry insurance because he was "generally healthy" but now can get insurance because he's sick, he will be the death of the ACA. The program will fail if it promotes scenarios where people wait till they need insurance to buy it. At that point, its no longer insurance. I'll reserve judgement as there are multiple scenarios where the ACA could be beneficial.

My brother (who passed away 10 years ago) would have had easier insurance opportunities as he exceeded 2 $2million dollar caps before his death (at age 22 - he was a hemophiliac). And I know plenty of people who have carried their adult children on their insurance plans to age 27 thanks to the new law. Those are benefits. But those are small benefits compared to the costs and burdens placed on so many additional people in order to provide them.

Justin

Originally posted by aix_xpert:
Without sounding like a prick, is there a particular reason your boss was without insurance? Did he have insurance before he was diagnosed? I ask, because if he chose to not carry insurance because he was "generally healthy" but now can get insurance because he's sick, he will be the death of the ACA. The program will fail if it promotes scenarios where people wait till they need insurance to buy it. At that point, its no longer insurance. I'll reserve judgement as there are multiple scenarios where the ACA could be beneficial.
Apparently she had dropped it a few months before she was diagnosed. She paid for a pretty significant amount of her treatment out of pocket, if not all. She stated she wants to get insurance for any future illnesses more than the current one.

I'm sure the hope of Democrats is that the ACA fails, and this generates the political will for single payer.

Originally posted by aix_xpert:

Apparently she had dropped it a few months before she was diagnosed. She paid for a pretty significant amount of her treatment out of pocket, if not all. She stated she wants to get insurance for any future illnesses more than the current one.

I'm sure the hope of Democrats is that the ACA fails, and this generates the political will for single payer.
This is the kind of story that I am looking for. I am looking for honest stories about real people, which can't be found in today's political climate of skewed statistics.

Premiums for basically same coverage for my employees and me all went down. Never happened before.

Also, didn't have issues with pre-existing conditions.

I know one person who was recently unemployed that reduced his premium by a large amount but his deductable is high. He is okay with it.

I know many more self-employed people, with nice incomes who's premiums went way up along with deductables and total out of pocket.

For every 1 person that benefitted there are 5 that got hammered.

My family has naturally high triglyceride levels and because my dad was self employed getting insurance was next to impossible. He can now get insurance and although the deductible is high and the Dr options are few it is better than nothing.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm self employed and my insurance options have gotten a lot worse with more money being spent on poorer coverage.

Reagan was right when he said the worst words you'll ever hear is: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT