ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else know there are people who can not visualize their thoughts?

Man, that's intriguing. I'm looking forward to running into you and hearing more about her abilities. Overall, does she find it a blessing or a curse? As has been mentioned above, I guess it's difficult to judge since perhaps she never experienced her perceptions any other way.

Btw, I would never call your mom a bizarre medical oddity. You, on the other hand, I've had my doubts about...
My mom had a pretty good sense of humor and embraces this "weirdness". She doesn't mind me calling her at 9-10 pm and asking her what a group of new friends names taste like.

It was tough when she was trying to diet. She would be trying to be good and then someone would say "Paul" and that would tempt her. (Paul is her favorite name to taste. It's a vanilla malt)

I'm running out of superlatives. Do only proper names have a flavor, or also other nouns or all words?

How about foreign names? I wish we weren't talking about your mom, otherwise I'd ask if Paul tastes the same as Pablo. I guess not, since the letters are different.

Not all words have taste.

Most do. Chocolate tastes like chocolate. Dirt tastes like dirt. Not that she has ever eaten dirt but she gets a flavor that she would assume to be dirt.

My dad's name is Marvin. The name Marvin tastes like food that gets caught in the sink trap. Therefore, she calls him by his nickname.

My dad put up a website that has all these names on it and what they taste like to my mom. I would post it on here but I am scared with what would happen to it. I can give it to you offline.

Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT