OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
January 13, 2018
Democrats Are All about Winning, Not Governing
By Steve Feinstein
It's been said that we have two major governing parties in this country: the Democrats and the Republicans. Each party has a different, broad-based approach to managing the country: the Democrats believe that government-created, taxpayer-funded programs – implemented from D.C. – are the best way to guide the country's fortunes, while Republicans feel that market-based, individually oriented solutions work to the best advantage of the nation.

That's a 30,000-ft generalized look at things, but it is widely accepted as true.
But it's not true. Just the opposite: It's fundamentally false. The Democrats are concerned primarily with winning political battles first and governing the country to the population's benefit second. A look at some of today's higher-profile issues illustrates this quite clearly. And this is not a peculiarity limited only to present-day circumstances. The Democrats' approach to both yesterday's and tomorrow's major issues are equally persuasive as to their "governing" priorities.

Today's issues:

DACA and DREAMers – The Democrats pose as if this is the big humanitarian issue of our time. "Through no fault of their own," some 800,000 children were dragged across our border when their parents illegally immigrated to this country. The DREAMers, as they're so amusingly called, should not only be afforded amnesty and forgiveness according to the Democrats and allowed to stay in this country, but they should also be allowed to bring in their relatives as well (so-called chain migration). But President Trump wants funding for his border wall, a central tenet of his campaign, as a condition to any compromise regarding the DREAMers.

The Democrats don't really have humanitarian concerns, and thus they have no incentive or inclination to compromise. Their primary motivations are growing their voting base with low-income government-dependent immigrants whose offspring will become automatic Democratic voters a few years from now and the desire to simply make President Trump look bad, as a typical "heartless, cold" Republican. Anything that reduces illegal immigration (the wall) or lessens the future pool of Democratic voters (deporting the DREAMers or ending chain migration) will be opposed by the Democrats with a vengeance. The "public good" has nothing to do with anything. A political win for the Democrats is all that matters.

Tax Reform – The Democrats don't care about the actual financial benefits that lower corporate taxes will deliver to the economy (such as greater investment by companies in plants and equipment, leading directly to increased employment), nor do they care about how much the average middle-class family will benefit from the extra hundreds of dollars of disposable income per month. Democrats just want to further the cliché of rich Republicans getting huge undeserved tax breaks, while the average person suffers as a result. Democrats simply want to sully the Republicans' image in the eyes of the casually attentive voter.

Mueller and Collusion – The Democrats' only goal here is to make Trump look bad, undermine his legitimacy as president, and keep his approval numbers low in advance of future elections. The Democrats have no actual interest in the impact or influence foreign entities may have had on our voting process or on our electoral system. If they did, they would be just as interested in the fact that Hillary Clinton maintained an illicit email server that contained unauthorized classified information and was hacked by Russians. That is the very definition of reckless, illegal behavior by a candidate undermining the integrity of our election process.

But the Democrats aren't interested in the "integrity of our election process." They're interested in a political win, not in serving the public good.

Government Shutdown – This is merely an opportunity for Democrats to make Republicans look bad, knowing that the liberal media will always cast any 'shutdown' as being completely the fault of Republicans, regardless of the actual circumstances. Although both sides are well aware that essential funding continues even during a so-called "shutdown," Democrats will be quick to exploit an ignorant public with heart-wrenching advertisements of 90-year-old veterans on their once-in-a-lifetime trip to D.C. being turned away from the WWII Memorial or a small-town Boy Scout troop being unable to enter a national park. All of this is intentionally orchestrated by Democrats, all to make Republicans look bad. The "win" is all-important, after all, not the facts.

Those are just today's high-profile topics. One of yesterday's was Hurricane Katrina. The Democrats and the liberal media pounded President Bush incessantly for being insensitive to the plight of minorities for his supposed slow response to the crisis. The Democrats' primary concern was winning the battle of public perception by making a Republican look bad. They were successful. They "won." President Bush's presidency took a hit from which it never recovered, becoming yet another reason why a Republican presidential win in 2008 was so unlikely, regardless of who the Democratic candidate was.

Tomorrow's big issues may concern, for example, North Korea or Iran. Democrats will undoubtedly use those circumstances to pile on with very public criticism of President Trump's handling of the situation. Far from the old dictum of "politics stops at the water's edge," the Democrats will be more concerned with twisting a confrontation with North Korea or Iran into political advantage for themselves than they will be in helping forge a favorable bipartisan outcome for the good of our country.

To be perfectly honest, the Republicans are far from lily-white (am I allowed to use that term anymore?) when it comes to maneuvering the political chess pieces to their advantage.

The Democrats are first and foremost about winning. For them, governing comes in second – and too often, it's a distant second.

January 13, 2018
Democrats Are All about Winning, Not Governing
By Steve Feinstein
It's been said that we have two major governing parties in this country: the Democrats and the Republicans. Each party has a different, broad-based approach to managing the country: the Democrats believe that government-created, taxpayer-funded programs – implemented from D.C. – are the best way to guide the country's fortunes, while Republicans feel that market-based, individually oriented solutions work to the best advantage of the nation.

That's a 30,000-ft generalized look at things, but it is widely accepted as true.
But it's not true. Just the opposite: It's fundamentally false. The Democrats are concerned primarily with winning political battles first and governing the country to the population's benefit second. A look at some of today's higher-profile issues illustrates this quite clearly. And this is not a peculiarity limited only to present-day circumstances. The Democrats' approach to both yesterday's and tomorrow's major issues are equally persuasive as to their "governing" priorities.

Today's issues:

DACA and DREAMers – The Democrats pose as if this is the big humanitarian issue of our time. "Through no fault of their own," some 800,000 children were dragged across our border when their parents illegally immigrated to this country. The DREAMers, as they're so amusingly called, should not only be afforded amnesty and forgiveness according to the Democrats and allowed to stay in this country, but they should also be allowed to bring in their relatives as well (so-called chain migration). But President Trump wants funding for his border wall, a central tenet of his campaign, as a condition to any compromise regarding the DREAMers.

The Democrats don't really have humanitarian concerns, and thus they have no incentive or inclination to compromise. Their primary motivations are growing their voting base with low-income government-dependent immigrants whose offspring will become automatic Democratic voters a few years from now and the desire to simply make President Trump look bad, as a typical "heartless, cold" Republican. Anything that reduces illegal immigration (the wall) or lessens the future pool of Democratic voters (deporting the DREAMers or ending chain migration) will be opposed by the Democrats with a vengeance. The "public good" has nothing to do with anything. A political win for the Democrats is all that matters.

Tax Reform – The Democrats don't care about the actual financial benefits that lower corporate taxes will deliver to the economy (such as greater investment by companies in plants and equipment, leading directly to increased employment), nor do they care about how much the average middle-class family will benefit from the extra hundreds of dollars of disposable income per month. Democrats just want to further the cliché of rich Republicans getting huge undeserved tax breaks, while the average person suffers as a result. Democrats simply want to sully the Republicans' image in the eyes of the casually attentive voter.

Mueller and Collusion – The Democrats' only goal here is to make Trump look bad, undermine his legitimacy as president, and keep his approval numbers low in advance of future elections. The Democrats have no actual interest in the impact or influence foreign entities may have had on our voting process or on our electoral system. If they did, they would be just as interested in the fact that Hillary Clinton maintained an illicit email server that contained unauthorized classified information and was hacked by Russians. That is the very definition of reckless, illegal behavior by a candidate undermining the integrity of our election process.

But the Democrats aren't interested in the "integrity of our election process." They're interested in a political win, not in serving the public good.

Government Shutdown – This is merely an opportunity for Democrats to make Republicans look bad, knowing that the liberal media will always cast any 'shutdown' as being completely the fault of Republicans, regardless of the actual circumstances. Although both sides are well aware that essential funding continues even during a so-called "shutdown," Democrats will be quick to exploit an ignorant public with heart-wrenching advertisements of 90-year-old veterans on their once-in-a-lifetime trip to D.C. being turned away from the WWII Memorial or a small-town Boy Scout troop being unable to enter a national park. All of this is intentionally orchestrated by Democrats, all to make Republicans look bad. The "win" is all-important, after all, not the facts.

Those are just today's high-profile topics. One of yesterday's was Hurricane Katrina. The Democrats and the liberal media pounded President Bush incessantly for being insensitive to the plight of minorities for his supposed slow response to the crisis. The Democrats' primary concern was winning the battle of public perception by making a Republican look bad. They were successful. They "won." President Bush's presidency took a hit from which it never recovered, becoming yet another reason why a Republican presidential win in 2008 was so unlikely, regardless of who the Democratic candidate was.

Tomorrow's big issues may concern, for example, North Korea or Iran. Democrats will undoubtedly use those circumstances to pile on with very public criticism of President Trump's handling of the situation. Far from the old dictum of "politics stops at the water's edge," the Democrats will be more concerned with twisting a confrontation with North Korea or Iran into political advantage for themselves than they will be in helping forge a favorable bipartisan outcome for the good of our country.

To be perfectly honest, the Republicans are far from lily-white (am I allowed to use that term anymore?) when it comes to maneuvering the political chess pieces to their advantage.

The Democrats are first and foremost about winning. For them, governing comes in second – and too often, it's a distant second.

While his analysis of the Democrat Party is spot on, his notion that the Republican Party is comprised of idealistic free marketeers who first seek to do good for the country is pure poppycock. The Republican Party is every bit as corrupt and hypocritical as the Democrats. More and more people are waking up to that reality.

“To be perfectly honest, the Republicans are far from lily-white (am I allowed to use that term anymore?) when it comes to maneuvering the political chess pieces to their advantage.”

Lol...funny how he spends no time to elaborate here.

Carry on.

While his analysis of the Democrat Party is spot on, his notion that the Republican Party is comprised of idealistic free marketeers who first seek to do good for the country is pure poppycock. The Republican Party is every bit as corrupt and hypocritical as the Democrats. More and more people are waking up to that reality.

Same coin, different sides. Trump really is not a true modern day Republican in my eyes. Right now, at least the Republicans are being pushed by Trump to put this country first. Democrats using corruption to put illegals and anyone else living outside of our borders first is disgusting, all for votes. Selling our country out for votes, only thing that stands in their way is Republicans.

Funny as hell last night watching the New Jersey Governor unable to explain why taxpayers of New Jersey should pay for the education of illegals (he is pushing for this) and why would you not want to stop those illegals and educate current American citizens first that can not afford it either, like minorities. Funny to watch an African American come on and say African Americans are having a hard time understanding this as well and are waking up to these flawed policies and that Obama was more concerned about foreigners then Americans and minorities. He also pointed out the economy and how minorities are doing better under Trump and that MSM is not covering this.

I wish everyone in Congress could be replaced with a moderate, but not happening. If we have to have corruption, give me corruption that favors the American Citizen and Taxpayer, the fact we have corruption by the Democrats working against American citizens is disgusting, it is a double blow.

Last edited:
“To be perfectly honest, the Republicans are far from lily-white (am I allowed to use that term anymore?) when it comes to maneuvering the political chess pieces to their advantage.”

Lol...funny how he spends no time to elaborate here.

Carry on.

This is a deflection.

The focus of the article was Democrats.

Your inability to face their shortcomings does not obligate the author to focus on what causes you the least cognitive dissonance.

1060x600-a095d24896d2ff334f7bbac6cfe04051.jpg

Al Franken is jealous.

Same coin, different sides. Trump really is not a true modern day Republican in my eyes. Right now, at least the Republicans are being pushed by Trump to put this country first. Democrats using corruption to put illegals and anyone else living outside of our borders first is disgusting, all for votes. Selling our country out for votes, only thing that stands in their way is Republicans.

Funny as hell last night watching the New Jersey Governor unable to explain why taxpayers of New Jersey should pay for the education of illegals (he is pushing for this) and why would you not want to stop those illegals and educate current American citizens first that can not afford it either, like minorities. Funny to watch an African American come on and say African Americans are having a hard time understanding this as well and are waking up to these flawed policies and that Obama was more concerned about foreigners then Americans and minorities. He also pointed out the economy and how minorities are doing better under Trump and that MSM is not covering this.

I wish everyone in Congress could be replaced with a moderate, but not happening. If we have to have corruption, give me corruption that favors the American Citizen and Taxpayer, the fact we have corruption by the Democrats working against American citizens is disgusting, it is a double blow.
You want all moderates in Congress. Interesting. What is a moderate? What would you expect to happen if all of Congress was comprised of moderates?

You want all moderates in Congress. Interesting. What is a moderate? What would you expect to happen if all of Congress was comprised of moderates?

I would like more moderate conservatives and liberals, we need both parties to move closer to the center so that compromise can happen and Good laws passed.

I think each party needs a competent opposition party that can honestly and intelligently debate issues on their merits. We need intellectual honesty.

We have too many extremists on each side of the aisle being elected, it is why no intelligent conversation can be had and Good laws passed.

I consider myself religious, but I do not want religious extremists dominating policy. Likewise, I do not want indentity politics dominating policy, just a different form of religion.

IMO, the entire country in general has moved left over the last 50 years.

I did some test online that had a ton of questions and I tested out barely left of center and barely below the X axis, I have always seen myself more to the middle and I am. When I was growing up that would have made me left I am sure. Today an old school moderate left is solidly right today IMO.

I am slightly socially liberal and very much a believer in free markets, capitalism, smaller government, lower taxes, less regs and balanced budgets. We need to be bad@ss economically and in protecting our citizens. We need to be really intelligent on social assistantance programs and we should be supporting our legal citizens first. I believe jobs, the economy, and the health of the private sector will fix a lot the social issues we have. Enforce all laws or get laws off the books that need not be enforced. I have always believed we have no responsibility to take care of the rest of the world, came to that conclusion working at a Texaco in the summer after my 7th grade year.

I do believe today the extreme lefts policies need to be stopped in their tracks, enough is enough, it is a threat to our country, if they win the American Dream is over, although some would argue it already is, look at CSCOTT. Once upon a time 30 something’s were not living at home with great regularity. Why I laugh at his economic views, he has no idea what is really holding him back. Why work hard and be a legal citizen with the direction this country was going? It is obscene what I pay in taxes each year, I am sure many on this board would agree.

The last 3 hires I have made out of college all came to me telling me their first check was wrong that is was way off, imagine their shock over the taxes, they do not teach that in college anymore and so few work thru HS. That never use to happen. All I tell them whenever a politician says he is going to provide something for free it is never free, and if you dislike the taxes, start paying attention in elections and what the candidates want to do when it comes to spending programs and taxes.

Trump’s election has exposed just how far left Dems have gone. I have voted both Dem and Republican in my lifetime, the rhetoric coming from the Dems now? Can not see myself ever voting Dem again based on their definition of governance, it is taxed social engineering that is pushing their version of religion and science on the masses without a care for jobs and building wealth for individuals. Government’s number one job is to protect us from foreign enemies and protect our constitutional rights. And most of all, do no harm when it comes to allowing people to work and companies to compete internationally.

When Trump said drain the swamp those that voted him in IMO took that as both sides of the aisle. At this point, I am happy the policies I wanted are happening. Hopefully some of these investigations clean up the IRS, DOJ, and FBI. Trump offered legalizing the dreamers for a wall, elimination of the lottery, vetting, chain migration, etc... you know fix the problem. That is compromise, many on the right do not want the Dreamers to be legalized, he offered a fair deal. I say let the government shut down, phuck em.

Last edited:
I would like more moderate conservatives and liberals, we need both parties to move closer to the center so that compromise can happen and Good laws passed.

I think each party needs a competent opposition party that can honestly and intelligently debate issues on their merits. We need intellectual honesty.

We have too many extremists on each side of the aisle being elected, it is why no intelligent conversation can be had.

I consider myself religious, but I do not want religious extremists dominating policy. Likewise, I do not want indentity politics dominating policy, just a different form of religion.

IMO, the entire country in general has moved left over the las 50 years.

I did some test online that had a ton of questions and I tested out barely left of center and barely below the X axis, I have always seen myself more to the middle and I am. When I was growing up that would have made me left I am sure. Today an old school moderate left is solidly right today IMO.

I am slightly socially liberal and very much a believer in free markets, capitalism, smaller government, lower taxes, less regs and balanced budgets. We need to be bad@ss economically and in protecting our citizens. We need to be really intelligent on social assistantance programs and we should be supporting our legal citizens first. I believe jobs, the economy, and the health of the private sector will fix a lot the social issues we have. Enforce all laws or get laws off the books that need not be enforced. I have always believed we have no responsibility to take care of the rest of the world, came to that conclusion working at a Texaco in the summer after my 7th grade year.

I do believe today the extreme lefts policies need to be stopped in their tracks, enough is enough, it is a threat to our country, if they win the American Dream is over, although some would argue it already is, look at CSCOTT. Once upon a time 30 something’s were not living at home with great regularity. Why I laugh at his economic views, he has no idea what is really holding him back. Why work hard and be a legal citizen with the direction this country was going? It is obscene what I pay in taxes each year, I am sure many on this board would agree.

The last 3 hires I have made out of college all came to me telling me their first check was wrong that is was way off, imagine their shock over the taxes, they do not teach that in college anymore and so few work thru HS. That never use to happen. All I tell them whenever a politician says he is going to provide something for free it is never free, and if you dislike the taxes, start paying attention in elections and what the candidates want to do when it comes to spending programs and taxes.

Trump’s election has exposed just how far left Dems have gone. I have voted both Dem and Republican in my lifetime, the rhetoric coming from the Dems now? Can not see myself ever voting Dem again based on their definition of governance, it is taxed social engineering that is pushing their version of religion and science on the masses without a care for jobs and building wealth for individuals. Government’s number one job is to protect us from foreign enemies and protect our constitutional rights. And most of all, do no harm when it comes to allowing people to work and companies to compete internationally.

When Trump said drain the swamp those that voted him in IMO took that as both sides of the aisle. At this point, I am happy the policies I wanted are happening. Hopefully some of these investigations clean up the IRS, DOJ, and FBI. Trump offered legalizing the dreamers for a wall, elimination of the lottery, vetting, chain migration, etc... you know fix the problem. That is compromise, many on the right do not want the Dreamers to be legalized, he offered a fair deal. I say let the government shut down, phuck em.

Have you ever been in the hospital 6 days, surgery, IV antibiotics, picc line, a month of outpatient infusion, physical therapy to regain movement in your dominant hand (still stiff and hurts)?

Have you ever been in the hospital 6 days, surgery, IV antibiotics, picc line, a month of outpatient infusion, physical therapy to regain movement in your dominant hand (still stiff and hurts)?

Believe it or not that post has empathy for you, I want people on their feet and on their own, even if they disagree with my views. People should not be living at home at that age.If you are at home convalescing I hope you get well, that should mean once you are healthy you are back out on your own. If it is all economics, all I will say is that the Obama economy was a contributing factor, which I already know you would disagree with.

Last edited:

We have too many extremists on each side of the aisle being elected, it is why no intelligent conversation can be had and Good laws passed.

IMO, the entire country in general has moved left over the las 50 years.

I have two cousins, one on either side of the aisle, who were national politicians (neither are in government now). I've spoken with both many times about what really happened behind the scenes. In one conversation about "trickle down", the democrat told me that many colleagues understood and believed trickle down economics did work. I asked why they didn't voice their understanding and acceptance. I was told that even though they understood it and knew their constituents and the country would benefit from it they would never openly endorse it or acknowledge it. It had been so ingrained it their party's platform and rhetoric that acknowledging it would be political suicide. It's only gotten worse since that conversation. Doing what was best for the country and its citizens for many in government comes secondary to what they can do for themselves. Both parties need to work together for the good of the country for things to get better.

Reactions: OKSTATE1

IMO, the entire country in general has moved left over the last 50 years.

Trump is a moderate.

How's that working out?

Romney was a moderate.

How did that work out?

The bottom line is you'll be demonized by the Democrats and the media if you have the wrong letter beside your name.

Trump is a moderate like Obama was a moderate. Which is to say he's not a moderate at all. He's simply a reaction to the onslaught of leftism we've experienced over the past few decades.

teen.vogue_.drag_.queen_-620x313.jpg

Hopefully by the end of his term(s) we will have returned to a center-right governed country. Or he could decimate his own party like Obama. Who the hell knows.

Trump is a moderate like Obama was a moderate. Which is to say he's not a moderate at all. He's simply a reaction to the onslaught of leftism we've experienced over the past few decades.

teen.vogue_.drag_.queen_-620x313.jpg

Hopefully by the end of his term(s) we will have returned to a center-right governed country. Or he could decimate his own party like Obama. Who the hell knows.

Yeah, he didn’t oversee the largest expansion in domestic energy production in history...or increase deportations...or move for states’ rights for marijuana.

Yeah, he was a yuuuuuuge lefty lol.

Carry on.

It’s too bad that you have had to go through that but I believe you are using it as a crutch.

My 31 year old daughter went through 55 chemotherapy treatments, 28 radiation sessions, 4 major surgeries, and 3 recurrences in the last 5 years. She survived and never wants pity from anyone. She is about to adopt a child with her wonderful husband and she never looks back. She always looks forward.

I don’t post much personal information on here but for whatever reason thought I would share that.

I hope you can push through your troubles.

It’s too bad that you have had to go through that but I believe you are using it as a crutch.

My 31 year old daughter went through 55 chemotherapy treatments, 28 radiation sessions, 4 major surgeries, and 3 recurrences in the last 5 years. She survived and never wants pity from anyone. She is about to adopt a child with her wonderful husband and she never looks back. She always looks forward.

I don’t post much personal information on here but for whatever reason thought I would share that.

I hope you can push through your troubles.

Just wanted to let you know I admire your daughter and am certain you had much to do with instilling such perseverance and strength within her. I hope all is well with her at this point.

We often disagree, but I just wanted to tell you that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT