ADVERTISEMENT

Deer Season 2024

TexasCowPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
Small ranch North of Denton, TX
I haven't even been to the lease once this sumer/fall. WAAAY behind schedule putting up cameras, blinds, etc. Won't get there until late this month.

On the other hand, I've been in Colorado high country watching elk, catching trout, messing with the local fox, and keeping track of bear visits to our neighborhood.

It's been a great summer. Please post any game cam pics you get, deer you bag, etc., so if I don't get mine this year, I (we) can live vicariously though you. I'll try to post pics when I get them.

Been twice with my bow and I have one buck I am I am after this year. Do also have a target pig that showed up a week ago. It’s been so hot they are out more at night right now. I about died Friday.

Reactions: colcord and Rulz
In the tree stand today and 20 mph winds this is a blast. I have the direction I need but man it needs to slow down a tad. I am sure I come up skunked again.

You can get lucky sometimes with the wind, but usually, unless it's the rut, they don't like to move much. That said, they do eventually get hungry or thirsty and move some. I'd guess that 90% of my deer have come from calm weather, even if "a little" rainy.

Well like OSU last night I came up short. Had a couple spikes and forks come in and I thought this is the night. They came in never knew I was there. Then right at prime time when this buck I have been chasing for a couple years would walk out some dumb doe got up wind I guess and blew. Killed the rest of the night. Guess he has a body guard running security. I would love to double tap this blowing doe. I had everything last night except no smell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT