ADVERTISEMENT

Dankosaurus IPA

CarrolltonPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am excited to announce that in November Cedar Creek Brewery Dankosaurus IPA will be available in Oklahoma. I was one of the startup investors and own a small piece of Cedar Creek. Dankosaurus has exploded and is far and away our best selling beer. If you are into hoppy beers please pick up a six pack when it hits shelves in early November. More beers will be introduced later on. Check us out and support a fellow Poke!

Had this last summer. Delicious!

MLGlp5Rrv0E_mZGJZli_sf4Br2Kfaa2S-lh3OyM0d9k

Reactions: CarrolltonPoke
I jumped the gun a bit. The beer is being delivered tomorrow and should arrive on shelves the week of November 16th. I'll post more details as I get them. Prost!

Good news! Dankosaurus arrived at the broker's warehouse a couple of days ago and is officially on-sale in Oklahoma now. This morning I saw that Biergarten in Jenks has it in stock and on sale. I expect to get many other announcements over the next few days. I'll post additional updates as I get them. For those that haven't had it, Dankosaurus is an American IPA that features the Eureka hop. When the beer first came out Eureka was an as-yet-unnamed experimental hop called 05256. It has some citrus and piney notes as you would expect from American aroma hops but adds a nice dark fruit aroma that some describe as black currants. In my opinion it is not particularly bitter as IPAs go but instead focuses on hop flavor and aroma. It is available in six packs of 12-oz cans and hopefully will be on tap soon as well. Right now it is the only Cedar Creek beer on sale in Oklahoma, but we will have some additional beers coming after the first of the year. I hope y'all enjoy it and please help spread the word if you do!

Edit to note that this batch was canned on 11/12 so it is super fresh!

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Also at Grapes & Grains Wine Shop (SW corner of 91st and Yale - near my old stomping grounds).

Also at Grapes & Grains Wine Shop (SW corner of 91st and Yale - near my old stomping grounds).
That's close to my house. Not a real favorite though. The better beer store is directly across the street at Primo's. You guys want to get some traction with beer geeks get him to carry it.

Last edited:
For you Bartians (I am one by birth), A's Wine and Spirits in Bartlesville has it now.

So I'm a fan. I have a terrible head cold working so my tastebuds are likely all screwed up, but even so I liked it quite a bit. It has what I would consider a good balance, not hoppy for the simple sake of being hoppy. It's a little sweeter than I anticipated, but that doesn't bother me at all. It will be a really good summer beer in my opinion.

Good work!

I received the following list of stores that are definitely carrying Cedar Creek Dankosaurus in Oklahoma. I hope to have a similar list for bars/on-site consumption locations soon. Initial sales have been really good! If you are looking for it and it is sold out, be sure to ask when they can get it back in stock. That really helps us a lot. Cheers!

A’s Wine & Spirits Bartlesville
Grapes & Grains Tulsa
BierGarten Jenks
Modern Wine & Spirits Tulsa
BA Liquor Mart Broken Arrow
Collins Midtown Liquor Tulsa
PV’s Liquor & Wine Tulsa
Broadway Wine Merchants OKC
Freeman’s Liquor OKC
2nd Street Wine Co Edmond
Moore Liquor Moore OK
Bryants Liquor Edmond
Lynn Lane Liquor Broken Arrow
Kwenchers Wine & Spirits Owasso
Owasso Liquor & Wine Owasso OK
Primo’s Wine & Spirits Tulsa
The Well Wine & Spirits OKC
Parkhills South Tulsa OK

I received the following list of stores that are definitely carrying Cedar Creek Dankosaurus in Oklahoma. I hope to have a similar list for bars/on-site consumption locations soon. Initial sales have been really good! If you are looking for it and it is sold out, be sure to ask when they can get it back in stock. That really helps us a lot. Cheers!

A’s Wine & Spirits Bartlesville
Grapes & Grains Tulsa
BierGarten Jenks
Modern Wine & Spirits Tulsa
BA Liquor Mart Broken Arrow
Collins Midtown Liquor Tulsa
PV’s Liquor & Wine Tulsa
Broadway Wine Merchants OKC
Freeman’s Liquor OKC
2nd Street Wine Co Edmond
Moore Liquor Moore OK
Bryants Liquor Edmond
Lynn Lane Liquor Broken Arrow
Kwenchers Wine & Spirits Owasso
Owasso Liquor & Wine Owasso OK
Primo’s Wine & Spirits Tulsa
The Well Wine & Spirits OKC
Parkhills South Tulsa OK

The ones I marked in orange are the ones I tend to frequent most. Modern Wine & Spirits is good too. The original Parkhill's is one I'd target if I were you. Burton's Liquor Mart and Ranch Acres Wine & Spirits are two more prominent beer sellers in Tulsa.

I bought some but haven't tried it yet.

So I'm a fan. I have a terrible head cold working so my tastebuds are likely all screwed up, but even so I liked it quite a bit. It has what I would consider a good balance, not hoppy for the simple sake of being hoppy. It's a little sweeter than I anticipated, but that doesn't bother me at all. It will be a really good summer beer in my opinion.

Good work!
Thanks for the review. I'll have to snag.

Another shipment arrived today and should hit the stores this week. This is also the first time Gone A-Rye has been available in OK. It is a rye double IPA (8.5%). This one is sneaky - easy drinking for a relatively strong beer. Enjoy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT