ADVERTISEMENT

Daddy…what’s a snowman??

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Probable legit conversation in a few more years if this crazy weather shit keeps up.

I’m sure a can o worms I have opened…but what the hell, no snow during times it should snow makes me miserable.

I need a winter home.

Probable legit conversation in a few more years if this crazy weather shit keeps up.

I’m sure a can o worms I have opened…but what the hell, no snow during times it should snow makes me miserable.

I need a winter home.
Man I really wish I had more of you in me. I am hotter the better type guy. Been a hot winter sorry man. I ready to mow again.

Ugh…I enjoy being outside and I don’t mind mowing, brush hogging and working the land in general…but I need my 4 seasons. Two years in a row now of NON WINTER is driving me nuts.

What’s perplexing to me is just how hard it is becoming to find good information on precipitation/temps/etc., online. Maybe I’m imagining it, but I swear back in the early 2000s I could look up historical weather data and there were a few sites that had such items I could view. Now all I see is Weather Underground that has some data, but not before 1940 or so and that’s what I want to see.

When I was a kid, I remember watching the local weather in Tulsa and Don Woods announcing the record highs and lows for the day each night. Seems like it was almost always the 1910s, 1920s and for sure the 1930s that had the record highs. And now I can’t seem to find those numbers. And no, I don’t search endlessly and haven’t really looked since a few months back, and I’m not gonna go look as soon as I post this, just giving me observations. So if someone goes and looks and finds a reliable source of information on temps, rainfall, snowfall, and all that, I will welcome it.

Last time I think NOAA or whatever wanted some money for a paid membership to view archived data, at least I think they did at one time. Again, I haven’t delved into that, and I say that so when some smart ass comes along and shits themselves silly in their underwear stating they found it in 2.2 seconds with 4 keyboard clicks while chugging a mountain dewd, so be it.

I need a winter home.
It was predicted 20+ years ago that children would grow up not knowing what snow is. The Rockies have had record snowfalls within the past 3-5 years.

Both 2021 and 2022 were in the top 50 annual snowfall years in the history of Tulsa. 2011 and 2009 were both in the top 10 annual measured snowfall totals for Tulsa.

Reactions: Rulz
It was predicted 20+ years ago that children would grow up not knowing what snow is. The Rockies have had record snowfalls within the past 3-5 years.

Both 2021 and 2022 were in the top 50 annual snowfall years in the history of Tulsa. 2011 and 2009 were both in the top 10 annual measured snowfall totals for Tulsa.
Very cool and good to know, can you tell me where you found these numbers? Seems like I see lots of “discussion” (much like I started here) but I’m wanting to see some actual data.

Awesome, thanks Marshal. I had never seen that. I think I got fed up looking a few years back and just didn’t try anymore, I’ll admit lol.

But that actually goes along with what I have felt for a while, the early 1900s were some of the lean years for snowfall, as have been the years 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2023. Things go in cycles as far as I’m concerned. And those early years i mentioned were many of the same years I seem to remember (or close to them) when I would see the record high temps announced on the local news when I was a kid.

I wrote Dick Faurot some years ago (as you can tell, I’ve had some mild interests in meteorology lol) and he sent me a graph of snowfall totals since about 1907 or so. It was hard to read since the dots and the line through them didn’t have quantity listed, but you could see a definite peak around 1924 followed by a “drought” that went from 1925 through about the beginning of WW2. That big snowfall total in 1924 was much like 2011. Just as you see in this chart.

I think, and this is just me, we have another year of these low points before we go back to the higher totals we saw at some points in the 50s and 80s.

Anyway, I’m sure this is boring for some folks, but it’a intriguing to me to look at weather data and see if there are patterns for a given area and try and discern how far apart the “peaks and valleys” lie.

Again, thanks for the help.

Now I’ll go back to being a lurking board creeper 👀

You shooting your shot tonight? Only for you I hope of a nice blanket of fluffy powder Rulz.

Saw on the news last week that Wichita has had more snow this year than Minneapolis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT