ADVERTISEMENT

Cowgirl transfer Kelly Maxwell...

This is cool. OU seniors giving flowers to the OSU seniors. May need to wait for it to load. This would bring a tear to even @long-duc-dong 's eyes.

iu

I was nervous. OU has never been swept in a 3 game regular season series.
Apparently you’re a bigger softball fan than I am, but I wouldn’t worry. Patti Gasso has done for OU softball what Skip Bertman did for LSU baseball. Even in a “down” year, they’ll still land a regional, with an excellent shot at OKC/Omaha. While I don’t pay that much attention to college baseball, I have no memory of LSU playing in a regional outside of Baton Rouge. Possibly LSU played in one Tulane hosted at the Zephyrs’ ballpark. Possible maybe.

Apparently you’re a bigger softball fan than I am, but I wouldn’t worry. Patti Gasso has done for OU softball what Skip Bertman did for LSU baseball. Even in a “down” year, they’ll still land a regional, with an excellent shot at OKC/Omaha. While I don’t pay that much attention to college baseball, I have no memory of LSU playing in a regional outside of Baton Rouge. Possibly LSU played in one Tulane hosted at the Zephyrs’ ballpark. Possible maybe.
OU will play in Norman in a regional. Win that then a super regional. This will come even if OU is murdered in the Big 12 Championship series.

OU today has the best senior class to ever play the game. An NCAA record 71 straight wins and 3 National titles. The 71 game win streak will never be repeated.

In 1957 OU lost a football game to Notre Dame. Coach Bud Wilkinson adressed his team. "You have done what no team will ever do again. You have won 47 football games in a row."

I don't know if Patty Gasso has told her team they have done something no other team will ever do. Only UCLA and OU have won 3 softball national titles in a row. That might change. OU's 71 game win streak won't.

There are 16 regional sites. 64 teams compete for 8 WSCS spots. 32 teams are automatic qualifiers. 32 teams are picked by NCAA committee. Texas and OU will host regionals. Likely Okie State will host a regional. OU likely #1 seed. Then Super Regionals. Super winners will go to the WCWS. Selection show is tonight at 6 PM Central on ESPN2.

13,000 seat Devon Park Stadium in OKC will host the WCWS. Devon Park Stadium just had it's name changed from Hall of Fame Stadium.

Texas is the only unseeded team to ever make it to the final 2 of the WCWS. OU beat them the first 2 of 3. There was no run rule at that time. OU would have finised UT off in 5 innings in the second game, but at that time NCAA ruled teams played it out in the Championship 2 of 3. Today the "mercy" rule applies in all games. Many fans today are dissappointed OU beat Texas a measly 5-1 for the Big 12 championship. I'm thrilled.

I'm about to watch Big 12 Champonship highlights again!

Regionals are double elimination.
Since not everybody understands double elimination play, I’ll clarify:

Four teams play two games. Then the losers play and the winners play. The loser of the losers goes home. Then the winner of the losers plays the loser of the winners. The loser of the game between the loser of the winners and the winner of the losers then goes home. The winner of the game between the loser of the winners and the winner of the losers then plays the winner of the winners. The winner of the winners advances to the super regional if they beat the winner of the game between the loser of the winners and the winner of the losers. If the winner of the winners loses to the winner of the game between the loser of the winners and the winner of the losers, then a final game is played between the same two teams, the winner of which advances to the super regional.

SBI, emma right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT