ADVERTISEMENT

cowboys land Piccininni

thompsonja

Redshirt
Nov 14, 2013
http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251734-Wrestling-News-and-Updates/article/28128-Cowboys-Land-Top-Prospect-Piccininni#.VCApmWSwKdA

great get to an already awesome class. the cowboys are looking mighty good in the near future.

The article didn't mention Boo. Has something changed with his commitment, has he dropped in the Flo list or did the reporter just forget about him?

Great pickup by for you guys........these past two recruiting classes are scary good! Hoping we get some good new shortly and we fill some gaps. Don't want to put all our eggs in next 2 years classes!

B L is still coming, met Nick and Family at his visit a couple weeks ago. Saw his dad buying some OSU gear which looked like a sign! He visited Ohio State last weekend and i thought he was pulling that direction, happy he came our way. Zac great job coach, another great incoming class, unbelievable how loaded and young we are!

Understanding there are many factors in recruiting including the quality of the in-state recruits. But it appears we have benefited greatly from our national performance two years ago. I know everyone was disappointed in losing such a close title and we were still in the title hunt to the last few matches this past year. I just feel like that might have helped with some national recruits recently. Your thoughts?

This is tremendous news. He will be a great wrestler for us. Watched a lot of his videos and I do not think we could have done better at this weight. Congratulations to all of the coaches and congrats and welcome to Cowboy Country Mr. P.!!

One other thing about this new recruit. If you talk to Tognetti or see him comment on the board about Piccininni just understand that he is talking about one wrestler no matter how he pronounces or spells the name. When he first started talking about him before I watched all the videos etc. I did not know if he was talking about a musical instrument, a new type of submarine sandwich or subway Pickle-o's. It looks like one Italian could pronounce or spell another's name but not in this case. It is a grand day for Oklahoma State and we Okies will learn how to properly pronounce and spell his name.
This post was edited on 9/22 6:16 PM by oberebo

That is good news and I do approve. I hope he is a career 25 and with Kaid we would be in good shape at 25 and 33 for quite a while.

As a New Yorker who has watched Nick for the past five years, I can tell the Cowboy faithful that you are getting a great young man.

He is a definite "money player". He flips the switch and goes to the next level whenever the occasion calls for it. He could look vulnerable all tournament and then all of a sudden, come finals time, he is lights out. He embraces the big moment and delivers.

Wrestling aside, he is also an incredible gentleman. This is a kid who as a high school freshman had the maturity to wear pink socks as sign of support for breast cancer (his mother being a survivor). He is about as humble as you will find too. He truly is the whole package.

I look forward to watching from afar as Coach Smith turn him into a champion.

This post was edited on 9/22 5:53 PM by Hofman19

I couldn't get passed the comercial on the link given (I think it is my company's sever) but I found this link. Hopefully it will have something the other missed.

Cowboy Up!

Landing Piccininni is huge. Team effort from the wrestlers, coaches and accademic staff.

It's vitally important that a kid, who will be so far from home and family, understands how well we take care of our athletes. We have such great support, in all areas a student athlete should care about, and that often times wins the day.

Welcome aboard
Posted from Rivals Mobile

He could end up being the best wrestler from this class. He hasn't wrestled freestyle, so we haven't seen him in those loaded brackets but he has done well at some national folkstyle tournaments and dominated the state of New York. He was considered a good recruit until he abused Luke Pletcher, and that really sent his stock skyrocketing. Pletcher is an elite recruit in his own right and that was probably the most impressive win of the entire season last year. It will be interesting to see if it was a bit of an aberration or if Piccininni is going to set the world on fire in college.

Originally posted by Old Number Nine:
I couldn't get passed the comercial on the link given (I think it is my company's sever) but I found this link. Hopefully it will have something the other missed.

Thanks for linking the article Nine. The interview by the New York Wrestling News was outstanding. I thought his best answer was in regard to his weight when he was asked about it and he said "I see myself as a 125 pounder. I guess I could eventually move to 133 for the team, but I also think I could stay at 125 if that's what we need."

I had already heard talk that he would be a 133 pounder and was too big to maintain 125 so this is great news. His enthusiasm is great and has even this old man pumped to see him in action in the next several years.

Just to clarify that was his second win over Pletcher the first being at the finals of the disney duals he is going to be a phenomenal college wrestler and the fact that he chose John Smith and the Cowboys will only make him better

Originally posted by 1stplacehawk:
He could end up being the best wrestler from this class. He hasn't wrestled freestyle, so we haven't seen him in those loaded brackets but he has done well at some national folkstyle tournaments and dominated the state of New York. He was considered a good recruit until he abused Luke Pletcher, and that really sent his stock skyrocketing. Pletcher is an elite recruit in his own right and that was probably the most impressive win of the entire season last year. It will be interesting to see if it was a bit of an aberration or if Piccininni is going to set the world on fire in college.
He is 2-0 against Pletcher...but yes, abusing him the way he did sent a small shockwave. Also, his last win against Fletcher what at FloNats, with a bracket that held 75 Wrestlers at his weight with several of the 8 Top10 Wrestlers at his weight...which I consider a loaded bracket.

Like to point out that our club coach Frank Perrelli (NJ by way of Cornell) is doing a great job with our lighter weights and knew the Piccininni"s which had to help our chances. Frank is young and has all the east coast connections. Shout out to Frank for a good job (saw him in the room and he looks like Mike Magaldo or Mike looks like him).

Originally posted by chasepollard:

Originally posted by 1stplacehawk:
He is 2-0 against Pletcher...but yes, abusing him the way he did sent a small shockwave. Also, his last win against Fletcher what at FloNats, with a bracket that held 75 Wrestlers at his weight with several of the 8 Top10 Wrestlers at his weight...which I consider a loaded bracket.
Just checked it out and you are right that was a loaded bracket. I thought he beat Pletcher twice but couldn't remember off the top of my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT