ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy RTC and the next quad

If DT wins, it's a boost for the program because he is in the minds of recruits again as a current wrestler. If he loses, no harm done because he is a part time wrestler and Sadulaev is well, Sadulaev. It's really a win-win for DT and by extension the OSU program. Great marketing actually at minimal expense since it's offseason.

They entered the same tournament? ;)
At the same weight class too! haha Smart***. I feel like any time these random seeds have a chance to set up a US wrestler for a tough draw, it always happens. I understand you have to beat the best to win it all, but still it is ridiculous that these two with what ten plus World Golds, meet in the first round. It is just stupid.

At the same weight class too! haha Smart***. I feel like any time these random seeds have a chance to set up a US wrestler for a tough draw, it always happens. I understand you have to beat the best to win it all, but still it is ridiculous that these two with what ten plus World Golds, meet in the first round. It is just stupid.
Yeah, it’s an example of why Wrestling is losing ground.

If the sport cared about promoting the sport, they’d build this one up…not get it out of the way.

Yeah, it’s an example of why Wrestling is losing ground.

If the sport cared about promoting the sport, they’d build this one up…not get it out of the way.
I agree 100%. I think the random draws are not so random. With that said though, I am glad we are definitely going to get to see the match!

Reactions: rcsone1
I agree 100%. I think the random draws are not so random. With that said though, I am glad we are definitely going to get to see the match!
It’s all a bs excuse imo. If it’s because of the lack of ranking series data and them not wrestling at these weights before then just put them as two bottom seeds and move on. At least they’d be on opposite sides of the bracket.

It’s all a bs excuse imo. If it’s because of the lack of ranking series data and them not wrestling at these weights before then just put them as two bottom seeds and move on. At least they’d be on opposite sides of the bracket.

UWW is just being stupid. In an effort to show its not corrupt - they're harming their own product.

This is NOT a good thing for Russia - and I'm sure they're pissed about it. This will be Sad's first time at scratch.

Have seen BT in basically all of the videos they’ve put out of DT training for and headed to Worlds. That has to be an absolutely unreal experience for a 19 year old kid. Hope he’s making the most of it and can show us what he learned from it next year.
You're not the only one!

Reactions: tom_v31
Have seen BT in basically all of the videos they’ve put out of DT training for and headed to Worlds. That has to be an absolutely unreal experience for a 19 year old kid. Hope he’s making the most of it and can show us what he learned from it next year.

Hopefully it’s also a sign of a young kid being fully bought in. He has a bunch of talent and a high ceiling.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
From what @AtownPoke tells me about how DT approaches thing, he would not give this kind of experience to a kid he doesn't think deserves it. He obviously can easily take Plott, Hendrickson or Zahid (I imagine Zahid has been in the works way longer than the announcement)

I'll preface by saying I don't know Thompson personally obviously and I try not to speculate on character or lifestyle of kids unless it's pretty documented but Thompson was definitely a wrestler some thought maybe wouldn't "buy into" the culture DT is establishing and could get weeded out. Instead, it's the total opposite and that should be extremely exciting ... because like I said, the talent is immense with him.

From what @AtownPoke tells me about how DT approaches thing, he would not give this kind of experience to a kid he doesn't think deserves it. He obviously can easily take Plott, Hendrickson or Zahid (I imagine Zahid has been in the works way longer than the announcement)

I'll preface by saying I don't know Thompson personally obviously and I try not to speculate on character or lifestyle of kids unless it's pretty documented but Thompson was definitely a wrestler some thought maybe wouldn't "buy into" the culture DT is establishing and could get weeded out. Instead, it's the total opposite and that should be extremely exciting ... because like I said, the talent is immense with him.
I think he was definitely on “knucklehead watch” given how his high school career ended (I believe kicked off his Illinois team for smoking during a tournament, moved to Stillwater). But the thing about being 17-18 and a knucklehead is it just takes the right message at the right time to flip the switch.

Reactions: tom_v31 and DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT