ADVERTISEMENT

Costco Tulsa liquor store

Cowguy

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2001
Okc’s Costco about to open. I’ve seen insane deals on liquor in Phoenix, but I assume our crappy liquor laws will not allow those kinds of deals here. What has your experience been at Costco Tulsa? How is the selection? Pricing?

I’ll take my answer off the air.

DFW checking in so this isn't exactly related to your question but I'll chime in on my experiences.

Don't plan to be blown away by selection. It's gonna' be nuthin' like a Total Wine type establishment. In summary, I don't make a point to go to the Costco Liqour, I just go to the local liquor store.

I think I have a membership but I’ve never been there

I have never understood the need for someone who isn’t purchasing for an business or organization to belong to a Sams or Costco.

Okc’s Costco about to open. I’ve seen insane deals on liquor in Phoenix, but I assume our crappy liquor laws will not allow those kinds of deals here. What has your experience been at Costco Tulsa? How is the selection? Pricing?

I’ll take my answer off the air.
Good wine prices. They now have wine in the actual store of course. Liquor prices are average or worse generally. Beer prices and selection are average.

Reactions: nathajw
I have never understood the need for someone who isn’t purchasing for an business or organization to belong to a Sams or Costco.
I save my yearly membership fee just by using their gas station. With four drivers in my family and Costco gas between 17 and 22 cents cheaper per gallon than QT (also 4% cash back with their Visa), I make up the membership fee alone in gas.

I save my yearly membership fee just by using their gas station. With four drivers in my family and Costco gas between 17 and 22 cents cheaper per gallon than QT (also 4% cash back with their Visa), I make up the membership fee alone in gas.
Me too. Easily. And save a shit ton every single time I fill up my F250 diesel.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy

Now that makes sense.

Isn’t it all bulk type buying? Like instead of four chicken breasts you get 12 and stuff like that?

For things like toilet paper and paper towels I could wrap my head around it, but for actual perishable good it seems strange (unless you have a ton of kids).

Now admittedly, I’ve never been inside either one.

Isn’t it all bulk type buying? Like instead of four chicken breasts you get 12 and stuff like that?

For things like toilet paper and paper towels I could wrap my head around it, but for actual perishable good it seems strange (unless you have a ton of kids).

A lot of it is, yes. You can get great deals on some things you use regularly and not buy huge sizes.

Good wine prices. They now have wine in the actual store of course. Liquor prices are average or worse generally. Beer prices and selection are average.

I was afraid of that. I’m sure they have to abide by our archaic multi tiered system.

I know they don’t have everything, but damn the prices in the Phoenix Costco were insane.

Do they have the Kirkland booze brands?

I was afraid of that. I’m sure they have to abide by our archaic multi tiered system.

I know they don’t have everything, but damn the prices in the Phoenix Costco were insane.

Do they have the Kirkland booze brands?
I can't recall if they have them here or not.

4+ kids plus food saver plus warehouse membership equals mucho savings

There’s your problem. Go in and browse around. They place their damn electronics section at the front and bait me every time. We don’t really do a lot of perishables yet there because kids are too young and still picky eaters. But everything else is a great deal.

We buy paper goods and coffee. Then cleaning supplies. I also buy bulk meats like chicken and beef and the vacuum seal it into individual meals and deep freeze it. I also buy bulk drinks since we have family over a lot. It saves me a ton of money rather then going to wal Mart.

Enjoy wine in stores, Oklahomans. Costco’s I’ve been to elsewhere have very good wine selections.

Total Wine has great prices and in DFW Goody Goody and Specs all keep prices same. When I lived in NYC I would pay $65 for a handle of Jack. I would pay the $28 in tolls and drive to Jersey and get a 12 handles for $45.

Sam's pharmacy is significantly cheaper on many drugs. Probably save 3k a year there.

I've tried most of the in-house wines and it's hit or miss depending on the variety.

I’ve never understood the obsession with Costco.

I’ve never understood the obsession with Costco.

For the most part, both Sam's and Costco have awesome customer service. Have an issue with something you bought there, they simply ask if you want an exchange or refund without any questions.

Reactions: squeak
I keep the receipts for every major purchase I make from there in filing cabinets. Took back a Roomba and immediately got all $600+ put back on the my Costco CC.

I ran that Roomba 5-7 days a week for over a year.

I'm just going to rattle off things we buy reguarly as a family from Sams...
TP, diapers, meds (over the counter and perscription) , shampoo and soap, fozen foods in bulk is a great price, soda , syrup, cereal, mac and cheese, blocks of cheese, laundry stuff , printer paper, wine, muffins for breakfast, cakes/cookie cakes for special family events (their cookie cakes are amazing!), they always have lots of clothing for me and my kids at a really good price, my daughter eats a ton on strawberries so we buy those there, if you're a chip family its a great place to buy those, oh and how could I forget kerrygold butter (love that stuff!).

I could go on but I think you get the point.

Reactions: JonnyVito
I'm just going to rattle off things we buy reguarly as a family from Sams...
TP, diapers, meds (over the counter and perscription) , shampoo and soap, fozen foods in bulk is a great price, soda , syrup, cereal, mac and cheese, blocks of cheese, laundry stuff , printer paper, wine, muffins for breakfast, cakes/cookie cakes for special family events (their cookie cakes are amazing!), they always have lots of clothing for me and my kids at a really good price, my daughter eats a ton on strawberries so we buy those there, if you're a chip family its a great place to buy those, oh and how could I forget kerrygold butter (love that stuff!).

I could go on but I think you get the point.
Forgot diapers and wipes I save a ton on those items there vs even Wal Mart

I wanted to go to Costco when it opens tomorrow. My conservative wife says they give or are affiliated 96% liberal, while Sams is 96% the other way. I've been in Sams once this year so I guess we aren't switching lol.

I wanted to go to Costco when it opens tomorrow. My conservative wife says they give or are affiliated 96% liberal, while Sams is 96% the other way. I've been in Sams once this year so I guess we aren't switching lol.

Does your wife know she married a refer loving hippy liberal?

So Costco has beer and wine, but no liquor store. They told me they might add one later. They aren’t certain it will be profitable with our system. They also are unsure if they can get around the ownership rules (one store owned by one entity).

So Costco has beer and wine, but no liquor store. They told me they might add one later. They aren’t certain it will be profitable with our system. They also are unsure if they can get around the ownership rules (one store owned by one entity).
In OKC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT