ADVERTISEMENT

Cord cutters

YouTube TV and ESPN+ (because our conference leadership sucks)

Very happy not wasting money on AT&T, truly one of the worst companies on planet earth. DirecTV was a good company until AT&T destroyed them in an acquisition that should not have been allowed.

Okay ... with your internet cost ... what’s your all in here? As I total it in my head, it’s not just a huge amount of savings for us.

I never trust the yahoos on this site but they all recommended YouTube TV so I took the plunge and have been very very happy with it. And saving me a ton of money

Reactions: AC_Exotic
You would have internet cost regardless. It’s a big savings

I pay right around 200 now.

youtube tv 50
Decent internet 80
Hulu bundle 20
Plus any other streaming services you add.

it will take a pretty big increase to make me want to put up with the hassle.

Reactions: Ostatedchi

youtube tv 50
Decent internet 80
Hulu bundle 20

Save a little extra by going to Hulu TV :)

Okay ... with your internet cost ... what’s your all in here? As I total it in my head, it’s not just a huge amount of savings for us.

While I saved about 80 a month (less now that YTTV has gone up and weve hadded disney+/espn+) to me it's not just about saving money but it's about having your options open. It takes 3 taps on my phone to cancel YTTV, try doing that with cable/satellite, not to mention the fees that they charge to use their equipment. I'll stick with what we have even if it ends up costing the same.

youtube tv 50
Decent internet 80
Hulu bundle 20

You can get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12/month instead of the $20 you're paying now (not sure what you get for that).

I stuck with directv for way to long. I finally switches to youtubetv after reading another thread about this and have been happy ever since. I would recommend signing up for one of the streaming services and putting your directv on hold for a month just to make sure you like it.

I stuck with directv for way to long. I finally switches to youtubetv after reading another thread about this and have been happy ever since. I would recommend signing up for one of the streaming services and putting your directv on hold for a month just to make sure you like it.

You can also trial YouTube TV as well to make sure.....but I haven't seen anyone regret their decision to use it or leave the traditional cable/satellite provider.

YTTV - $55, ESPN+ $5, Netflix - $16, Internet - $82, Amazon Prime - $10? comes to $168/month. Was paying $267/month for internet and cable. Always had the others, less ESPN+, and share Netflix with the daughter, she shares Hulu. Saving $125/month.

Savings depends on your current cable plan. If not a big savings, I've found people have the lowest tier cable package. If this is the case, a switch for even a minimal savings is worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaPoke
YTTV - $55, ESPN+ $5, Netflix - $16, Internet - $82, Amazon Prime - $10? comes to $168/month. Was paying $267/month for internet and cable. Always had the others, less ESPN+, and share Netflix with the daughter, she shares Hulu. Saving $125/month.

Savings depends on your current cable plan. If not a big savings, I've found people have the lowest tier cable package. If this is the case, a switch for even a minimal savings is worth it.

whats the dvr situation?

whats the dvr situation?
Unlimited. That's why we were so high with Cox. We had contour at two different TVs. One drawback, and not a big one, with YouTube TV is it records reruns as well as live. It's really easy to distinguish which one you want to watch, though

Just cut out cable last night. I’m going w HULU Live w ESPN +. With Disney + it all ended up being a little over $60/mo.

I tried to go with Hulu Live +NoAds in the Disney/ESPN bundle.

Freaking ads everywhere. Even events that I made the effort to manually flag as something I wanted to record, I could not FF past the ads. On demand TV shows that I could have scheduled for ‘DVR’ recording but forgot? Mandatory ad breaks.

If a service forces me to watch an ad that is not appropriate for 5yo kids while watching a program that is appropriate for 5yo kids, service is canceled. End of discussion.

Freaking ads everywhere. Even events that I made the effort to manually flag as something I wanted to record, I could not FF past the ads. On demand TV shows that I could have scheduled for ‘DVR’ recording but forgot? Mandatory ad breaks.

If a service forces me to watch an ad that is not appropriate for 5yo kids while watching a program that is appropriate for 5yo kids, service is canceled. End of discussion.
My daughter shares her Hulu with us and we don’t get any ads. Maybe you have to watch the show the next day after it has run live.

My daughter shares her Hulu with us and we don’t get any ads. Maybe you have to watch the show the next day after it has run live.

My theory was that the service was just unreliable and I wasn’t getting what I paid for.

Either way, the wife got sick of it and negotiated a deal with dish, so we will stick with that until the end of the year.

I’ll try again next fall sometime.

Hmm I haven’t had that experience at all since I switched to No Ads. That’s weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT