ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman interview

NC State would disagree with you. They've posted some pretty good #s the last few years.
There are vast differences in the institutional support between the 3 programs in the triangle area. My understanding is NC State has pretty good commitment from the institution. Duke has very little- wrestling is unfunded, meaning no scholarships for wrestling and no help getting the wrestlers in school. UNC is in between. Pop has done an amazing job, but more resources and support than Coleman had at UNC.

They all compete in the ACC, but much more to evaluate their potential success at a place like Ok State than record, number of AA or champions at different schools.

NC State would disagree with you. They've posted some pretty good #s the last few years.
UNC has never been a strong wrestling school. Basketball reigns supreme. You say we have “blind loyalty”. That would mean that we didn’t have any clue at how good he could be as a coach. We crushed it last year. We only lost to Iowa during the season and I saw significant improvements over the years proceeding in consistency. He had a two time national champ at UNC. We can’t say that over the same years. So, before you completely throw a former OSU great under the bus, check yourself bro.

UNC has never been a strong wrestling school. Basketball reigns supreme. You say we have “blind loyalty”. That would mean that we didn’t have any clue at how good he could be as a coach. We crushed it last year. We only lost to Iowa during the season and I saw significant improvements over the years proceeding in consistency. He had a two time national champ at UNC. We can’t say that over the same years. So, before you completely throw a former OSU great under the bus, check yourself bro.
That was meant for OMAC99

There are vast differences in the institutional support between the 3 programs in the triangle area. My understanding is NC State has pretty good commitment from the institution. Duke has very little- wrestling is unfunded, meaning no scholarships for wrestling and no help getting the wrestlers in school. UNC is in between. Pop has done an amazing job, but more resources and support than Coleman had at UNC.

They all compete in the ACC, but much more to evaluate their potential success at a place like Ok State than record, number of AA or champions at different schools.

That's a fair analysis. I'm really liking this board being more active.

Reactions: bwel9339
UNC was actually setting themselves up to make a run at a trophy in 1994 when the tourmanent was at Chapel Hill. Ty Moore missed weight at 118. At 126 the started they had transferred to old dominion and was the runner up. UNC had the champ at 134. 8th at 167, 6th at 177, 8th at hwt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT