ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches' Panel Rankings

Blaylock is on the outside looking in right now based on my initial RPI run. Everyone else should be fine unless Marsden wins the spot at 184.

They have the UNI wrestlers as MAC Conference, I understood that they are now in the Big XII.

Blaylock is on the outside looking in right now based on my initial RPI run. Everyone else should be fine unless Marsden wins the spot at 184.
you realized these don't get you in the NCAA tournament, still need to place in the qualifier to get in. Guys like Blaylock might not qualify a spot before but if improving during the season can still make it. Plus, doesn't do any good to qualify for NCAA's if you can't score point there.

Marinelli beat vincenzo tonight. Chandlers loss doesn't look so bad

Don't think PSU will win again at 165 or 174 this year. If Nolf is injured and can't get back to 100% they may not win at 157 either.

Things look much better for OhSt now than they did at the beginning of the year.

you realized these don't get you in the NCAA tournament, still need to place in the qualifier to get in. Guys like Blaylock might not qualify a spot before but if improving during the season can still make it. Plus, doesn't do any good to qualify for NCAA's if you can't score point there.

Indeed. I apologize if my wording suggested otherwise. Depending on the weight it can be important to earn an allocation or not so much. "Stealing" a bid is always an option.

Don't think PSU will win again at 165 or 174 this year. If Nolf is injured and can't get back to 100% they may not win at 157 either.

Things look much better for OhSt now than they did at the beginning of the year.
I agree with you. 165 will be tough anyway with imart looking for revenge. 174 looks to be zahid as he has been destroying everyone. On a side note, I think 125 might be the best weight to watch at nationals. The quarters will be worth going alone.... so much depth

I agree with you. 165 will be tough anyway with imart looking for revenge. 174 looks to be zahid as he has been destroying everyone. On a side note, I think 125 might be the best weight to watch at nationals. The quarters will be worth going alone.... so much depth

125 and 141 are the most volatile from the quarters on. 165 and 174 should be pretty compelling from the semis one and recent upsets at 197 and HWT have made those weights more interesting.

That 8-9 matchup at 165 would be pretty interesting in the round of 16, it this holds true for seeding.

1 Vincenzo Joseph Penn St. Big Ten
2 Isaiah Martinez Illinois Big Ten
3 David McFadden Virginia Tech ACC
4 Chad Walsh Rider EWL
5 Logan Massa Michigan Big Ten
5 Evan Wick Wisconsin Big Ten
7 Alex Marinelli Iowa Big Ten
8 Chance Marsteller Lock Haven EWL
9 Chandler Rogers Oklahoma St. Big 12
10 Nicholas Wanzek Minnesota Big Ten
11 Richie Lewis Rutgers Big Ten
12 Isaiah White Nebraska Big Ten
13 Te`shan Campbell Ohio St. Big Ten
14 Branson Ashworth Wyoming Big 12
15 Anthony Valencia Arizona St. Pac 12
16 Demetrius Romero Utah Valley Big 12

Reactions: osu2082

Visitor here and I have to strongly disagree with your assessment of tOSU. I would say they will struggle to hang on to finish in second place given what we've seen in the last two weeks. I'm not seeing the potential for bonus points as some think. I think their chances hinge on how the Jordans and Campbell end up.

Visitor here and I have to strongly disagree with your assessment of tOSU. I would say they will struggle to hang on to finish in second place given what we've seen in the last two weeks. I'm not seeing the potential for bonus points as some think. I think their chances hinge on how the Jordans and Campbell end up.

After watching them against Mich I would agree but it's hard to make to much of one dual or one result.

Going into the year the thought was Bo and NATO would be in the NC conversation and both have looked like making the semis might be tough. McKenna also hasn't progressed as hoped.

If OhSt can't get big points at 125,149,157,and 165 it won't matter that Nolf is out and Hall and Joeseph might not repeat.

Reactions: MitchL
After watching them against Mich I would agree but it's hard to make to much of one dual or one result.

Going into the year the thought was Bo and NATO would be in the NC conversation and both have looked like making the semis might be tough. McKenna also hasn't progressed as hoped.

If OhSt can't get big points at 125,149,157,and 165 it won't matter that Nolf is out and Hall and Joeseph might not repeat.

My assessment of watching MI v tOSU was that Michigan wrestled very tough and got some upsets as a result. Think they could've/should've won the dual as Abounader had a couple "danger" situations on Martin which looked like could've got 2 backpoints or result in Martin bailing out if the ref had been up to speed with the match. I didn't see the dual as diminishing what Oh St is likely to do in the tournament.

However, if OSU is really going to have a chance the next two years 19 & 20 to make a run at the title, they really need to show this year that they've got guys (like MI did) who can upset some folks. It can't all just wait till next season. It needs to come this year from the experienced guys. I think Picc can, Brock's only upset would be Gross, but the other experienced guys Rogers, Weigel, & White need to show they can knock off a higher seeded wrestler to get to that next level it'll take to win a team title. IMO we haven't yet seen that in duals, hopefully they are peaking for it tourney time. To beat an Oh St or Penn St will have to directly knock off a couple of their higher seeded wrestlers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT