ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago prepares to be eaten by its own

I've never taken a MENSA test nor studied it in any manner. My formal training is as an engineer & geologist, two endeavors that have a high price economically or physically for being wrong in application. There is no notion of an award for being right except for in and of itself. In other words, guessing gets you killed one way or another.

My wife tells me that both her parents had IQ's high enough to qualify for your club, though they and I never discussed it nor did I have reason to doubt it.

But, since you regularly bring the topic up I will humor you and take a few guesses.
1. I only have a fear of falling, don't know about anyone else.
2. Maybe Sarah's daughter's are both adopted, though they would even then share a common step-mother and are both female?
3. I'll venture that Ramone needed 6-socks to guarantee a matched pair.

I'm not going to hold my breath for my grade, I'm pretty sure I am not in y'alls ball park.
The correct answers are:
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. 3.

1. Some humans have a fear of edges and falling. None of us have a fear of heights.
2. Sarah is lying. Her two young daughters have a myriad of things in common.
3. Put 5 of one color socks in a drawer. Put 5 of another color socks in a drawer. Close your eyes. Reach into the drawer and remove 3 socks. You'll have a match. You might have all 3 match.

You're still one of our most gifted members. You're not my_20mills by any stretch.

Reactions: iasooner24
I'll add: For #2 you displayed a common human trait. Overthinking. The administrator always wants to hear the answer only.

The two Mensa tests I've taken were to attempt to qualify to take the Mensa test for admission. I have no interest whatsoever for Mensa membership. I just love test taking.

Mensa Member Geena Davis and I scored in the same range on my first test.

Knowledge questions do little for me. I love the questions that measure one's ability to reason.

Acrophobia is an unfriendly subject for those with a limited ability to reason.

Reactions: iasooner24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT