ADVERTISEMENT

Chat GPT

Breastman

2nd Team
Feb 4, 2003
Any educators on this board?

What’s the overall consensus on Chat GPT and its future impact on a campus near you? Fascinating stuff and a real game changer.

We are in big trouble. This is bigger than the atomic bomb in terms of rapid, negative progress.

But, I won’t be heard by the “elite” just like I wasn’t for COVID.

Our elite need to make this stop but won’t.

GPT-2 has 1.5 billion parameters.
GPT-3 has 175 billion parameters. (ChatGPT utilizes a variation of this.)
GPT-4 is expected to have 100 trillion parameters.

The level of exponential growth in the AI world over the past few years has been insane. OpenAI released GPT-2 back in 2019, and it already feels like dilapidated technology. There's no telling where we'll be in the next 10 to 20 years as things continue to evolve.

The day is coming where every repeatable job will be automated in some way. The demand for unskilled labor will be reduced significantly. This will create some significant problems without any clear solutions.

I have several members on my team use Chat GPT at least a couple of times per week at work. Mostly helping re-write emails, but also to capture and translate audio transcripts in meetings to meeting notes and action items. It is amazing how accurate it is.

ChatGPT is a large language model developed by OpenAI, one of the leading artificial intelligence research organizations in the world. GPT stands for "Generative Pre-trained Transformer", which is a type of neural network architecture that is trained on massive amounts of text data to generate human-like responses to natural language inputs. ChatGPT is specifically designed to have conversations with people and answer their questions on a wide range of topics, using its extensive knowledge base and advanced natural language processing capabilities. I would like to share one site that I found, where using the application you can read other people's correspondence on social networks such as instagram tiktok and so on (https://celltrackingapps.com/enter-cell-number-read-texts-free-without-installing-on-target-phone/), it would be interesting for me to honor the correspondence of popular bloggers, but I still don’t know how to do it, I read about this application here, I think now it's time to somehow more seriously protect your social networks so as not to be subjected to such an attack

Last edited:
GPT-2 has 1.5 billion parameters.
GPT-3 has 175 billion parameters. (ChatGPT utilizes a variation of this.)
GPT-4 is expected to have 100 trillion parameters.

The level of exponential growth in the AI world over the past few years has been insane. OpenAI released GPT-2 back in 2019, and it already feels like dilapidated technology. There's no telling where we'll be in the next 10 to 20 years as things continue to evolve.

The day is coming where every repeatable job will be automated in some way. The demand for unskilled labor will be reduced significantly. This will create some significant problems without any clear solutions.
There’s a huge shortage of unskilled labor right now. I see it only getting worse.

This stuff is great for productivity. Company hierarchies will be upside down pyramids.

My biggest concern is irresponsible AI.

Anyone using the fully integrated version of Copilot? I get one of our first corporate licenses soon. The lite version is good, excited to see what the integrated O365 version can do.

Anyone using the fully integrated version of Copilot? I get one of our first corporate licenses soon. The lite version is good, excited to see what the integrated O365 version can do.
No but I want to hear what you think

No but I want to hear what you think
I'll update once I get my license soon. We also use Zoom for our office phones and virtual meetings, Zoom AI Companion and Zoom AI Meeting Summary that just rolled out are fantastic. I have both set to turn on by default for all hosted meetings and the "catch me up" feature along with the "Have I been mentioned?" feature are great. The meeting summary and action item report after is really good too especially for long meetings.

I'll update once I get my license soon. We also use Zoom for our office phones and virtual meetings, Zoom AI Companion and Zoom AI Meeting Summary that just rolled out are fantastic. I have both set to turn on by default for all hosted meetings and the "catch me up" feature along with the "Have I been mentioned?" feature are great. The meeting summary and action item report after is really good too especially for long meetings.

Zoom can generate action item summaries for meetings automatically but they can’t figure out how to reliably mute my microphone upon joining a meeting in the iPhone app.

I’m not a Zoom fan. They are another well connected Silicon Valley company adding buzzword features at lightning pace while ignoring problems with basic usability.

If they would just fix some of the stupid problems (like forcing an update install on windows when I’m trying to connect to a meeting!) then I could possibly put aside my bias.

Will it work with Teams?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT