ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci

I could be wrong, I’m trying to find anything that says he is done done. I know he medically forfeited at the Big 10’s. So does that mean he can’t advance to Nationals since conferences are getting allocations?

Top 5 in each weight at Big 12 qualifies. We have 4 qualified (finalists) and can qualify the other 6 today. In 2 weights, the top 6 qualify.
Big 12 Pre-allocations by weight class:
125: 6
133: 6
141: 5
149: 6
157: 6
165: 6
174: 6
184: 5
197: 6
HWT (285): 5
Total: 57

I was a bit off. Jamison & Doucet need 1 win, either the consolation semis or 5th place match to qualify. We currently have 8 qualified.

Big 12 Pre-allocations by weight class:
125: 6
133: 6
141: 5
149: 6
157: 6
165: 6
174: 6
184: 5
197: 6
HWT (285): 5
Total: 57

I was a bit off. Jamison & Doucet need 1 win, either the consolation semis or 5th place match to qualify. We currently have 8 qualified.
But, those two should easily receive an at-large bid considering their resume.

I don’t see anybody else with 9 finalists…
Idk what you mean here? PSU won’t have 9 finalists? They don’t have 9 in b10 finals. Not sure how this answered my question. I meant does this change anything in the team race knowing they initially were expected to win by a mile. But if Carter doesn’t even go and they take 9 it’s a decent chunk of points lost. Is it enough to tighten the race for whoever is likely to get 2nd?

Idk what you mean here? PSU won’t have 9 finalists? They don’t have 9 in b10 finals. Not sure how this answered my question. I meant does this change anything in the team race knowing they initially were expected to win by a mile. But if Carter doesn’t even go and they take 9 it’s a decent chunk of points lost. Is it enough to tighten the race for whoever is likely to get 2nd?
It was somewhat of a joke, but no, it’s not likely enough to bridge the gap…but it does possibly make it interesting.

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
Reading some more of the Mineo thread seems like it may be a tantrum by Starocci due to being held out by coach with friends and family present.

Davis wins 125 as 6 seed and really came off like a dbag in the interview. To me anyway. Tried to act like it’s no big. It’s ok to enjoy winning lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT