ADVERTISEMENT

Caldwell and GWH Promoted

Is someone out? Or just adding Caldwell to Assistant? Is there a limit on coaches?

The NCAA changed coaching structure. No more volunteer assistants. You have a head coach and three full time assistants.

Head coach - John
Assistant - Espo
Assistant - Chris
Assistant - Caldwell
Recruiting coordinator - GW

No additions or subtractions. This is across all sports. They announced Vanessa Shippy was promoted to full time staff in the softball program as well.

Happy for both of those guys. Would hate to lose Caldwell but not sure how this is going to correct any of our issues but I'm a big fan of TC and GWH.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Since Caldwell has been the recruiting coordinator the program has (for the most part) consistently landed top classes. I'm not sure how much of that was Caldwell's doing or just a community effort as a whole, but if the majority was him then Caldwell did a tremendous job as recruiting coordinator and GWH has big shoes to fill.

I remember a interview Carroll did after world team trails where he talks about Chris Perry recruiting him hard and staying on him even after he committed to Penn and how much he likes him etc.

Since Caldwell has been the recruiting coordinator the program has (for the most part) consistently landed top classes. I'm not sure how much of that was Caldwell's doing or just a community effort as a whole, but if the majority was him then Caldwell did a tremendous job as recruiting coordinator and GWH has big shoes to fill.

I remember a interview Carroll did after world team trails where he talks about Chris Perry recruiting him hard and staying on him even after he committed to Penn and how much he likes him etc.
Tyler and Chris do 90% of recruiting and will continue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT