ADVERTISEMENT

Cable news.

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
I'm driving home and listening to cable news. NBC news is a distant second from FOX in terms of pure journalistic corruption and amorality, but it's a long way to third after that. Don't get me wrong, fox is still the zenith of demagoguery and propaganda, but NBC is capable of anything. Richard Engel was so certain that Iran did everything he started nodding and I'm pretty sure I saw his hair move.

I'm driving home and listening to cable news. NBC news is a distant second from FOX in terms of pure journalistic corruption and amorality, but it's a long way to third after that. Don't get me wrong, fox is still the zenith of demagoguery and propaganda, but NBC is capable of anything. Richard Engel was so certain that Iran did everything he started nodding and I'm pretty sure I saw his hair move.
Interesting perspective. You think MSNBC and CNN have more journalistic integrity than Fox News?

Before 2015, I would have agreed that CNN was the most honest, but they have been desperately chasing ratings since MSNBC overtook them for 2nd. IMO, CNN has been the worst of the three over the last 3 years.

How did you see his hair move when you were listening to him on your drive home?

Interesting perspective. You think MSNBC and CNN have more journalistic integrity than Fox News?

Before 2015, I would have agreed that CNN was the most honest, but they have been desperately chasing ratings since MSNBC overtook them for 2nd. IMO, CNN has been the worst of the three over the last 3 years.

Yes. At least the morning crew and hannity.

How did you see his hair move when you were listening to him on your drive home?

First, the hair thing's a joke. Second, Engel was REPORTING FROM AN UNRELATED ARAB COUNTRY (qatar) on early tv the other day. I commented on the war drums.

Hannity? That’s your bar for journalism?

Lol
That’s what a lot of people think. They see opinion shows like Hannity and they view Fox as heavy right-wing bias. Those same people think Maddow, O’Donnel, Chris Hayes, Joy Reid, and Don Lemon are hard-hitting news journalists.

The fact of the matter is during the day Fox News has more news than the others, but especially CNN. CNN changed their format to try to stem the tide of rating loss to MSNBC and they didn’t have anyone that could beat Maddow so they are attempting to win the mid-day slots over MSNBC.

When NBC and CNN actually put on people who disagree with their positions then I'll believe you. That's the thing with Fox. Their news reporters do invite a wide variety of guests from across the spectrum. Yes, all the hosts are right-winged, but you get legitimate dialogue. On NBC or CNN, at best, you get a handful of never-Trumpers or known RINOs (McCain and Romney are prime examples), but rarely anyone who will actually debate the left-wing talking point. Heck, Bill Maher invites more Republican's onto his show than NBC does.

That’s what a lot of people think. They see opinion shows like Hannity and they view Fox as heavy right-wing bias. Those same people think Maddow, O’Donnel, Chris Hayes, Joy Reid, and Don Lemon are hard-hitting news journalists.

The fact of the matter is during the day Fox News has more news than the others, but especially CNN. CNN changed their format to try to stem the tide of rating loss to MSNBC and they didn’t have anyone that could beat Maddow so they are attempting to win the mid-day slots over MSNBC.
I think msnbc is fox on the left.I like chris Wallace on fox because he is a honest journalist regardless of political persuasion,and there is one person on msnbc whom I thought was decent but dont remember the name because I hardly watch that channel.

Take Primetime opinion shows and Fox & Friends out of the equation and Fox is basically CNN lite. Nothing like the Trump enabling network wide propaganda exercise they are painted to be. And I say that as someone who does not watch much Fox news. Not a big fan.

Reactions: iasooner1
@Syskatine, you started this thread about the cable networks. What's your thought on the DNC restricting live footage of the Dem Convention to MSNBC with a 3 hour moratorium on all footage, interviews, etc.. for ALL other networks (including networks such as C-SPAN, CNN, and PBS).

@Syskatine, you started this thread about the cable networks. What's your thought on the DNC restricting live footage of the Dem Convention to MSNBC with a 3 hour moratorium on all footage, interviews, etc.. for ALL other networks (including networks such as C-SPAN, CNN, and PBS).

Damn.
Guess they gotta tightly control the narrative.

Why? Link? Did MSBNC pay for it, or is it just gratuitous, "You're our fave, so you can have unlimited access?"

Don't both parties restrict network coverage of their debates? I'd have to think about how different this is.

I think it's generally bad to parse out journalistic access to stuff that should be transparent, but if there are business/revenue deals being made and it just doesn't pay for FOX to pay for that given their viewership... free markets, etc. I'm mildly suprised the DNC wouldn't let like CSPAN have wall to wall coverage. I'm not saying you're full of it, but I'm suprised and would like a link. I suspect your question is selectively misleading.

Why? Link? Did MSBNC pay for it, or is it just gratuitous, "You're our fave, so you can have unlimited access?"

Don't both parties restrict network coverage of their debates? I'd have to think about how different this is.

I think it's generally bad to parse out journalistic access to stuff that should be transparent, but if there are business/revenue deals being made and it just doesn't pay for FOX to pay for that given their viewership... free markets, etc. I'm mildly suprised the DNC wouldn't let like CSPAN have wall to wall coverage. I'm not saying you're full of it, but I'm suprised and would like a link. I suspect your question is selectively misleading.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-carolina-convention-msnbc

Although reading it more closely, I think its a state party convention and not the national convention, so I may have misrepresented that in my initial question.

Most transparent convention ever.

Shocked that a guy consuming fox may be a little fuzzy on the facts.

Funny, I posted the link (as requested), made an edit to my own understanding, and your reply is to attack me rather than address the question. I guess I should have known better than to actually look for discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT