ADVERTISEMENT

Buyer Beware

southernpoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Our high school recruiting class is terrible. Not knocking the guys we got, but you cannot compete with this group. Period. The portal has been a wash IMO. Some good players coming in and some good players going out and it isn't close to being over. A lot will still happen before Spring.
With that said OU is jacked over their class. 2 5 stars. One...Peyton Bowen is a flake and I am betting he flames out.
Think about this. Since 2011 OU has signed 12 5 stars before this year. ONE panned out or I should say stayed. ONE. He should have been booted, but was too talented. Joe Mixon.
One of them...Trey Metoyer OU got credit in the recruiting rankings 2 years in a row for signing this 5 star. Took awhile to get him eligible.
In 2011 they signed Brandon Williams who soon transferred to Texas A&M.
In 2016 they signed Kaleb Kelly who stayed at OU, but was never more than an average player.
In 2018 they signed the over hyped 5 star Radley-Hiles "Booke" who talked more than he played. He was terrible.
In 2019 they signed Rattler and 3 5 star WRs in Haselwood, Wease and Bridges.
In 2021 Caleb Williams, Mario Williams (joined Riley at USC), and Clayton Smith a LB who is in the portal this year.
I expect Bowen to flame out. Too much drama.
Next time an OU fan mentions Bowen give them the numbers for OU 5 stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News