ADVERTISEMENT

Broadchurch

CrazyChuckCarbo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2002
Okc
Don't know if it has been mentioned but the 2nd season of this series started a couple of weeks ago on BBC America on Wednesdays at 9pm. David Tennant from Doctor Who is the main star. I watched the 1st season several months ago on Netflix and I think it's a very good series. 1st season was about a teen aged boy's murder and the ultimate arrest of a very unexpected person. Season 2 (so far) about the upcoming trial and aftermath. Worth the time.
This post was edited on 3/13 11:07 AM by CrazyChuckCarbo

I thought it was excellent and have started watching season 2.

But I just discovered that it was actually remade (almost a verbatim, word for word copy) for Fox but renamed Gracepoint. It even had Tennant reprise his role and was helmed by the same director.

I don't know why they didn't just buy the original and re-broadcast it? Remaking it so soon seems like a huge waste.

Originally posted by hollywood:
I thought it was excellent and have started watching season 2.

But I just discovered that it was actually remade (almost a verbatim, word for word copy) for Fox but renamed Gracepoint. It even had Tennant reprise his role and was helmed by the same director.

I don't know why they didn't just buy the original and re-broadcast it? Remaking it so soon seems like a huge waste.
The American version wasn't nearly as good IMO. I'm surprised you missed the hype. I didn't realize they were doing a 2nd season on BBC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT