ADVERTISEMENT

Brexit question

The EU was a sheep in wolf's clothing. It was presented as a trading union however, the elites had more in mind. They wanted, and did, turn it into a ruling union. Nations lost their sovereignty to a ruling class of elites in Brussels. Brussels made the rules that the nations had to follow. Imagine if Mexico and Venezuela were overruling the Constitution of the United States and made the laws YOU had to abide by, including welfare, immigration, losing the Bill of Rights. I think you would leave too. Heck, Washington is almost there.

I am also not a financial expert but I don't understand why Britain leaving the EU automatically ends immigration, free trade, etc? I would think Britain and the rest of the EU could negotiate these issues and leave many of the desirable policies in place. We have free trade policies with many nations and doesn't require something as heavy handed as the EU. Maybe the EU will refuse to do this for retaliatory reasons but if they do they'll be cutting their own throats.
You described the situation pretty well. I think that most people who are panicking aren't using logic.

You described the situation pretty well. I think that most people who are panicking aren't using logic.

But that is the point is it not? The media acts as the trigger to set the panic and hysteria off. The end result is to dehumanize those who are the cause whether it be to make them look uneducated, ignorant, ruthless, bigoted etc., etc., etc.

154054-004-975CBF7D.jpg

But that is the point is it not? The media acts as the trigger to set the panic and hysteria off. The end result is to dehumanize those who are the cause whether it be to make them look uneducated, ignorant, ruthless, bigoted etc., etc., etc.

154054-004-975CBF7D.jpg
Not necessarily. Is there a lot of that going on? In the media and the ruling class, sure. But there are many regular folks who are expressing, what I believe to be, genuine fear about the economic consequences of Brexit. In my post above, I was merely saying that the counter-arguments presented by @NeekReevers are the exact reasons why I think any economic "doomsday" predictions for the U.K. are short-sighted.

Not necessarily. Is there a lot of that going on? In the media and the ruling class, sure. But there are many regular folks who are expressing, what I believe to be, genuine fear about the economic consequences of Brexit. In my post above, I was merely saying that the counter-arguments presented by @NeekReevers are the exact reasons why I think any economic "doomsday" predictions for the U.K. are short-sighted.

But these regular folk that show a genuine fear; do you think they have not been influenced by the media outlet in which they choose to watch or listen too?

I'm not disagreeing with you btw.

After about 25 trips to the UK in the last few years it was clear to me that:

1) Brits were extremely upset about Muslim immigration and their refusal to integrate into western society, and

2) London ceased to be a British city 10 or 20 years ago.

But these regular folk that show a genuine fear; do you think they have not been influenced by the media outlet in which they choose to watch or listen too?

I'm not disagreeing with you btw.
I'm sure some of them have. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that on the surface, I can understand why some people are terrified of the economic consequences (no trade agreements in place, smaller labor pool, etc...). However, as Neek pointed out, many of these concerns can be remedied with "simple" solutions.

In other words, many people vocalizing their concerns are only thinking about the immediate impact of the Brexit vote. While I agree that there will be some pain in the near future, I think the long-term economic impacts will be relatively minor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT