ADVERTISEMENT

Boynton’s Salary

osucowboymatt

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2001
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_1d8bb59b-ae76-5cf7-afe5-b664208c54ba.html

Here’s an article about Boynton’s salary as well as other coaches’ in the Big 12 salaries.

Beard will almost assuredly receive a significant bump in pay from his $1.3 after finishing top 3 in the Big 12. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go to close to $2MM.

I’ve been extremely impressed with Boynton. His poise on the sidelines is remarkable. He’s milked every ounce of talent out of this team. We’ve been competitive in almost every game. We look like we have a clue and are well coached as evidenced by our first half performances.

Referees seem to respect him which is quite the contrast to their treatment of Ford.

So what’s fair for Boynton? He’s working his ass off on the recruiting trail. Hopefully the FBI cloud can move on because I figure that’s something other teams can use against us in recruiting. It’s pretty evident the guy can coach. Two road wins against top 20 teams. Beat FSU on the “road” as well. We’ve won a few games we probably shouldn’t have and lost a few games we should’ve won. I don’t know what the last third of the season will hold for us but I think it’s obvious Boynton deserves a raise.

You can’t have Boynton making 40-50% less than the next lowest coach. I know Holder’s stance on performance, etc but Boynton checks all boxes to me. I don’t think a ten year contract is needed but I’d like to see Boynton get a $500k pay raise at minimum as a show of good will. That’s still keep him at the bottom of the conference. If he can get us to the tournament, go to $2MM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News