ADVERTISEMENT

Blame the Qb?

bigpoke24

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I know many want to place blame on Spencer Sanders. There is even a thread calling for Shane and some saying he sucked verse Bedlam so he also isn’t the answer. As bad as Spencer has been I’m going to disagree with calling out both Spencer and Shane.

Here is why this isn’t on either of them.

This system is very flawed. It’s not Qb friendly. It’s predictable and the defense knows exactly what’s coming. They know exactly what the Qb is going to do. There is no tempo to our offense anymore and when we do try to do it we look terrible doing it.

I know some will disagree with me and say Spencer just isn’t good. Could be but we wouldn’t really truly know that because of this offense.

A few questions I’ll ask for thought.

What would Spencer look like under LR and ou’s offense?

What would Spencer look like in the old Oregon offense under Chip Kelly?

What would Spencer look like in the Penn State offense that was run by Trace McSorely?

Id venture to say he wouldn’t look like this. Yes, Spencer’s throws are late and he is missing open WR’s. He isn’t reading the defense. He is struggling with his reads.

But I’d argue that he had the arm strength, the accuracy, and the athletic ability coming into OSU. He was a 4 star Qb and Mr. Texas football. That’s not fool proof and just labels and doesn’t make him a star, but it’s pretty darn close.

My point here is OSU hasn’t developed the kid and our offense isn’t using him the way we should.

Gundy doesn’t change the offense. He runs his OSU offense. The same offense that we were all complaining about before Holgy was forced upon him. Gundy doesn’t know what Qb to recruit to his system because his system is flawed and confusing.

This offensive system is very very bad. He is the only person it seems that can’t see that. Every fan, media outlet, and player can see that this offensive system flat out sucks. Gundy is the only one too stubborn to see it. And why? Because it’s his.

Many will disagree with me, but this isn’t Spencer’s fault. It wouldn’t be Shane’s fault either. This is our system and programs fault. We aren’t developing QBs and we aren’t putting them in a system to succeed.

Gundy has even said with his offense “here is what we have try and stop it”. Now everybody is stopping it. Its time for a change. Either a coaching change of a complete offensive change. One of them needs to happen or we are going to continue with this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News