ADVERTISEMENT

Big problem for OSU

CBradSmith

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2005
AD is now rotten to work for. That MO has pretty much solidified.

I see on here that the Illinois contract was worth 21 million in total between buyout, salary, years, and commitment to operational budget.

But that's not the number that people should resign themselves to not being able to compete with.
@slickr posted that 3 or 4 weeks ago Underwood's agent approached Holder with comparables, and Holder baulked.

So, let's say you offer him a very reasonable salary at 2.5 over 3 or 4 years. Would Underwood have stayed? AND...is that request unreasonable?

I've always erred on the side of Holder in the Gundy-Holder drama, but now he's most likely public enemy number 1 for me.

If you want to compete in basketball in the BIG fing 12, then you better have a coach loaded for bear. As much shit as the football side of the conference takes, the basketball side is LOADED with high level coaches.

And I'll be damned if arguably the best/near best of the bunch just walked out our door in an equation where we most likely could have retained him.

And to boot....everyone now knows our AD is hard to work for.

I think the only outcomes are:
Holder resigns, new AD, new bball coach.
or
Holder stays and we have to roll the dice on a Ford/Gottlieb type.
OR
you literally cash whip someone to come coach, in which case, YOU'RE THE BIGGEST GDAMN IDIOTS EVER since the cash you'll need WOULD have retained Underwood.

How f'ing stupid is this?
Am I missing anything?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News