ADVERTISEMENT

Big News

According to Seth Duckworth OSU wrestling is getting a massive donation to wrestling & will have the best non- football locker rooms in the country.
Just a locker room? And you are saying it will be better than baseball?

Any more updates on this? How much was the donation for? I was expecting some type of announcement regarding the donation.

Any more updates on this? How much was the donation for? I was expecting some type of announcement regarding the donation.
It can not be just for a locker room. If it is a "massive" donation it will be for a stand alone wrestling facility that has a new wrestling room, lockers and other facilities. We do not need just a locker room no matter how good it is.

I'm guessing with the current unknowns when looking at the future of OSU athletics any thoughts of a women's wrestling team are on hold for a while.
Temporarily, but not for too long! Hopefully we will be in time to get the Blades sisters in the room.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
My gut feeling is OU will wrestle in the Big 12. Mizzou is back and that is precedent enough for OU to stay.

My gut feeling is OU will wrestle in the Big 12. Mizzou is back and that is precedent enough for OU to stay.

I don't know. It took Mizzou a decade to get back and no one really gave a crap they left. Everyone is pissed at OU. Wrestling is a weird sport so who knows but I would be pretty surprised if they let them stay just for wrestling.

I don't know. It took Mizzou a decade to get back and no one really gave a crap they left. Everyone is pissed at OU. Wrestling is a weird sport so who knows but I would be pretty surprised if they let them stay just for wrestling.
I hope they do let OU stay. None of the incoming teams have a wrestling team. Not good

I hope they do let OU stay. None of the incoming teams have a wrestling team. Not good

I mean it’s not different than where we are at right now. Nothing improved but it’s not worse off.

I’m assuming you guys mean “let OU stay in the Big 12 tournament once they leave for the SEC in 2025”. Or whenever we leave.

Because we’re still in the Big 12 currently.

Micco:
That is what I think will happen. The wrestling community needs OU in the Big 12.

According to Seth Duckworth OSU wrestling is getting a massive donation to wrestling & will have the best non- football locker rooms in the country.
Its been almost 3 weeks since this "Big News," don't you think there'd be some actual news about this "Big News" by now?

I know the gift was received and it will totally redo the locker rooms. I would not call a locker room enhancement "Big News".

I’m thinking the guy who tweeted out big news coming would follow up.

Looks more like OSU athletics got a big donation and a new wrestling locker room is a part of it.

I'm still confused as I'd consider the $35M donation for baseball as big or huge, maybe not quite massive. But $7M, split across a few sports, is gonna give them a better locker room than baseball at OSU much less best nonfootball in the country. I've seen baseball so call me skeptical.

Reactions: turfpoke
I'm still confused as I'd consider the $35M donation for baseball as big or huge, maybe not quite massive. But $7M, split across a few sports, is gonna give them a better locker room than baseball at OSU much less best nonfootball in the country. I've seen baseball so call me skeptical.
I’m with you. I’m happy that improvements are happening. We may have been a little oversold when the story broke.

I’m with you. I’m happy that improvements are happening. We may have been a little oversold when the story broke.

A $4-5 million full remodel of the locker room with adding team room and other amenities is a pretty legitimate investment into a non-revenue sport. Outside of a full dedicated facility this is pretty significant.

They are still actively pursuing donors for the wrestling facility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT