ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Championship Thread

Spratley won a very close decision on a stalling call against Iowa St. his 2nd. Not great wrestling but won. Daton wrestled okay against SDSU and won 4 to 0. Jamison lost by giving up a takedown with seconds left. Jamison was not aggressive enough took a half shot and got bulled over. Williams win 8 to 7 and was ahead 7 to 2 and got injured. Then he just held on by a thread in the last minute getting called for stalling 3 times and gave up a takedown. I hope Williams is not hurt bad.
Olejinik lost but actually came close to getting several takedowns. Wrestled good. Travis won a decision in consolations not impressive in the last 3 minutes of the match. Thompson really screwed up by giving up the reversal. I am not impressed with our coaching Thompson because to win he had to win on his feet but never did much of anything on his feet. Plott was the star for us in the semi's with a tech.

Iowa State really screwed up in that Williams match. After the injury timeout they chose neutral, if they would have chosen bottom and got the escape point that match would have gone to OT and I don't think Williams would have survived.

We are looking at a second place finish. Iowa state just keeps winning in consos and with a pin also.

ISU currently has a 13 point lead. We need to do some damage in the consolations. They have 5 in the finals, we have 4 but will have a head to head.

So far there's only one guy that can't wrestle to his seed and that's TJ. BT had a great chance to finish above expectations but looked gassed. I'm going to chalk up his performance this year due to cutting weight. It never seems like there's any sense of urgency when he wrestles.

I think Fix is going to have his hands full with Frost. That kid looks to be wrestling with some aggressiveness and confidence.

Better than the last couple of years thought.

so Carroll at 197, Merrill at HWT/another painful year of doucet, portal 157, 165 and possibly 174

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT