ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Championship Thread

Yes. He will help greatly by knocking out the Iowa State guy Broderson, but then will have to redeem his first match with the loser of Elam/Buchanan. He's beaten Elam once last season (although didn't really threaten him in a loss this season), and I've heard Buchanan is injured so wouldn't surprise me if there's a MFF coming.

Reactions: bwel9339
Team Scores After Session 1

Team Scores
Iowa St​
71.0​
OK State​
67.5​
Missouri​
58.0​
N Iowa​
45.0​
SD State​
43.0​
W Virginia​
38.0​
Oklahoma​
29.0​
Wyoming​
23.0​
Air Force​
22.5​
ND State​
17.5​
N Colorado​
11.5​
California Baptist​
4.5​
Utah Valley​
3.0​

Reactions: Dobsie
Is Surber done until tonight?
125 Spratley won the match but was not real impressive, 133 Fix=great with 2 bonus point wins tech and pin, 141 2 bonus wins by Jamison wrestling good. 149 Williams pulled out the match but was not impressive because he got a bit sloppy, 157 Travis really made a bunch of mistakes which is unusual for him. Olejinik 165 won but not impressive. Big win by 174 Thompson in overtime with the takedown. Plott at 184 was great with a pin and a tech. 197 Surber with an unbelievable poor loss to Moosberry decided to fight a takedown to his back and got pinned. HWT Doucet looked like a stumble bum on his feet late in the match and gave up a takedown and earned that loss. We will need to wrestle better if we are to catch Iowa State. We were upset twice and we did not get any upsets. We will need some upsets in the semi's and hopefully not get upsets. Our losses were not that big a deal and can be made up in the consolations since Travis was seeded 3rd and Surber 7th and Doucet 5th. But we are not wrestling good yet as a team. That needs to change tonight.

Been here all day. We just aren’t that good. Have at least 4 weights that are suspect. Like I said earlier, much better dual team than tournament team. Can really only count on daton and plott right now.

No ESPN commentary on these or am I watching the wrong view? At my niece’s beauty pageant watching with a set of AirPods in 😂

He said my collarbone, but it looked dangerous on his knee before they fell.

149 - Williams with a 8 - 7 DEC after multiple stall calls on him. ISU wrestler knew he was hurt and kept attacking to get stall called then acted like a little bitch at the end of the match when he lost. Williams could have easily lost in the last minute.

Who was the ISU wrestler mouthing off to after the match?

Once Jordan matures a little more and figures out mat awareness, he is going to be awesome!
Spratley won a very close decision on a stalling call against Iowa St. his 2nd. Not great wrestling but won. Daton wrestled okay against SDSU and won 4 to 0. Jamison lost by giving up a takedown with seconds left. Jamison was not aggressive enough took a half shot and got bulled over. Williams win 8 to 7 and was ahead 7 to 2 and got injured. Then he just held on by a thread in the last minute getting called for stalling 3 times and gave up a takedown. I hope Williams is not hurt bad.

165 - Olejnik drops a 7 - 1 DEC. The first TD was total bullshit because nobody had control. F these refs!

174 - Thompson gets reversed in the 3rd then ridden almost the rest of the 3rd after being up 1 - 0 to drop a 3 - 2 DEC.

Some shitty results in this 2nd session.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT