ADVERTISEMENT

Best Sports Movie manager?

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Just killing time watching Bull Durham and watching Trey Wilson and Robert Wuhl in that movie got me thinking about other sports movies and managers of movie sports teams. For my money those two guys are some of the best, a few others I thought of were Wilford Brimely in the Natural and Tom Hanks in A League of their Own.

What are some of your favorites?

Coach Lou Brown (James Gammon) in Major League.

"Come on Dorn, get in front of the damn ball! Don't give me this "olé" bullsh*t!

Reactions: Winston Havelock
Coach Lou Brown (James Gammon) in Major League.

"Come on Dorn, get in front of the damn ball! Don't give me this "olé" bullsh*t!
Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez as "player/manager" or Morris Buttermaker both have to be up there!

Just killing time watching Bull Durham and watching Trey Wilson and Robert Wuhl in that movie got me thinking about other sports movies and managers of movie sports teams. For my money those two guys are some of the best, a few others I thought of were Wilford Brimely in the Natural and Tom Hanks in A League of their Own.

What are some of your favorites?
This contest is only for second best.
BadNewsBears.jpg

This contest is only for second best.
BadNewsBears.jpg

If my wife had been able to pop out anything other than girls, my first born son was going be named Tanner! Sure he was a hot head and racist but when it came time he had Timmy's (booger eatin spaz) and Ahmed's backs! He was the true heart and soul of the Chico's Bail Bonds Bears!

Completely forgot about Walter, very good catch.

Very old school but Dutch Schnell in Bang the Drum Slowly was great. Vincent Gardenia got an Oscar nomination for the role. One of the more underrated sports movies.

Reactions: casdas
Not a sports "team", but Mickey Goldmill (Burgess Meredith) was a pretty good manager for Rocky.

William Peterson as Player/Mgr. Stud Kantrell in Long Gone. Very underrated movie.

Irv Blitzer (John Candy) in Cool Runnings... Amazing what he did with those guys from Jamaica.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT