ADVERTISEMENT

Beric Jordan, Sign Him Up!

It seems likely to be one of the other visitors from this past weekend….

It seems likely to be one of the other visitors from this past weekend….
If I was to guess, Voinovich. Also maybe have underrated Jordan since I am basing that on his performance at last years Super 32 at 113 where he got beat soundly by Forrest and then lost in the consolations when he was the 2nd seed. I have only watch 1 other of his matches where he teched his 106 opponent in the finals in Ohio. I tend to not rate 106 pound wins very highly especially if you are a sophomore. But Willie and Flo rate him the 13th best prospect in the 2024 class. Time will tell.

A little guy from out west. More of a room guy. Should be out soon .
Are you hearing anything about Carroll or any other top recruits? You don't have to give names. Just wondering if we're in play for any of the big names.

Is Burton a big commit? Just looked at Willie's and Flo's 2024 class rankings. He isnt ranked on either board.

Is Burton a big commit? Just looked at Willie's and Flo's 2024 class rankings. He isnt ranked on either board.

He's a 106 pounder. Two time Fargo finalist and 2021 champ. He's a decent prospect... needs to hit a growth spurt. 106 pounders are hard to forecast.

And talking about Beric Jordan taking a loss to Jaxx Forrest is interesting.... considering Forrest is well on his way to being a #1 overall recruit in the class of 2026.

Reactions: JAY45 and osu2082
Projecting weights is always a crapshoot, but Burton looks to have a frame similar to Mastro. Mastro was 113 as a soph, while Burton was 106. But Burton was actually a year younger for the grade, so he could certainly end up a good sized 125 or 133. Some other interesting things -- he wrestled freestyle & greco in both the cadet & junior divisions at Fargo. That's a kid who likes wrestling. Also has a 4.0 GPA.

He's a stud, sure would be nice to get him. Hopefully Cormier can steer him the right way!

He's a 106 pounder. Two time Fargo finalist and 2021 champ. He's a decent prospect... needs to hit a growth spurt. 106 pounders are hard to forecast.

And talking about Beric Jordan taking a loss to Jaxx Forrest is interesting.... considering Forrest is well on his way to being a #1 overall recruit in the class of 2026.
You are right about Jax Forrest he is only a freshman this year and with Kindig as his high school coach maybe we can get him. Losing to Forrest even being majored is not an embarrassment and Marcus Blaze who is a sophomore is very good also who majored Jordan in the consolations. Maybe this was just a bad weekend or he was injured. Now this was at 113 preseason and Jordan Beric dropped to 106 for the Ohio season ( he could have been too small for 113). I hope that this year at 113 he dominates in Oklahoma and proves to be an Oklahoma State great.

Reactions: DPJ and JAY45
Beric is starting his JR and with two more years in the Stillwater program he has a lot more time to turn some heads.

Reactions: osu2082
And hit a growth spurt.

Obviously has already turned quite a few heads, being ranked #17 overall.
Agreed. I was mainly responding to couple of big matches being brought up that he lost, which by the way were not to some random scrubs as Harley mentioned.

There is plenty of time for him to pick up some more big wins in the next 2 years and potnetially get back a couple. Really good pick up for us. He is definitely in the right HS program for developing with all the quality kids in that room right now. I can defeinitely see him moving even further up the rankings easily into a top 10 recruit in his class.

BTW, what's the story behind his transfer from OH to Stillwater? Does he have any close ties to Oklahoma or the OSU program?

Agreed. I was mainly responding to couple of big matches being brought up that he lost, which by the way were not to some random scrubs as Harley mentioned.

There is plenty of time for him to pick up some more big wins in the next 2 years and potnetially get back a couple. Really good pick up for us. He is definitely in the right HS program for developing with all the quality kids in that room right now. I can defeinitely see him moving even further up the rankings easily into a top 10 recruit in his class.

BTW, what's the story behind his transfer from OH to Stillwater? Does he have any close ties to Oklahoma or the OSU program?

Well they're originally from Arizona, but moved to Ohio for the school. Then the coach either left or got fired there, so they were looking to move again. Don't know how they landed on Stillwater.

There have been a lot of names discussed recently, but one I haven't seen is JJ McComas. Does anyone know if he has taken an official visit yet?

He did ok at Fargo & was solid at Elite 8 duals, but I get the feeling he might break out at some point and jump levels.

Reactions: DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT