ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam 2

Will Bedlam 2 be any different???
Not much different except possibly at 133.
125 Eddie Klimara dec. Ryan Milhof
133 Gary Wayne Harding loses a decision to Cody Brewer
141 Dean Heil Tech fall over Trae Blackwell
149 Anthony Collica dec. Davion Jeffries
157 Joe Smih fall over Brock Wingbermuehle
165 Alex Dierenger maj dec.Clark Glass
174 Kyle Crutchmer dec. Matt Reed
184 Nolan Boyd maj. dec. Andrew Dixon
197 Andrew Marsden dec. Brad Johnson
285 Austin Marsden dec.Ross Larson
Team score OK State 34 OU 3

Are you sure we will not see Weigel at 197? I think he is very strong and could do very well at the Big 12's and score some points at the NCAA tournament. I like Marsden't style, but just think we have more point potential with Weigel.

125 Eddie Klimara dec Ryan Milhof
133 Cody Brewer maj GWH
141 Dean Heil tech fall Trae Blackwell
149 Davion Jeffries dec Anthony Collica
157 Joe Smith fall Brock Wingbermuehle
165 Alex Dierenger tech fall Clark Glass
174 Kyle Crutchmer maj Matt Reed
184 Nolan Boyd tech fall Andrew Dixon
197 Brad Johnson dec Weigel/Marsden
285 Austin Marsden dec Ross Larson

OSU 31 OU 10

Just a few changes. One's an upset (Jeffries versus Collica). Davion's wrestled very well as of late. Still have Brad Johnson winning. Not sure who OSU puts out there, so it's hard to predict. Cody should handle GWH, even with Gary looking much tougher since coming back into the lineup.

Seeeeeeriously almost predicted Milhoff over Klimara. Not that I think he's better, just a hunch.

As for the tech falls for OSU, could be pins as well.

Check my math, oberebo.

I don't see much of a difference from the last dual, except Brock won't be there to smoke Brewer again....hahahah.

125: Klimara should have a similar result against Milhof. Klimara dec Milhof 6-3.
133: Brewer will wrestle well here and GWH will fight hard but it won't be enough.
Brewer dec Harding 10-4.
141: Heil puts on a clinic against Blackwell and remains unbeaten. Heil tf Blackwell 16-1.
149: Jeffries is wrestling well again, but Collica is as well. I see this one being close, but Collica pulls the win out on a desperation move from Jeffries. Collica dec Jeffries 13-9.
157: I wouldn't be surprised if Smith gets a tech or a fall here. I'm leaning more towards a tech.
Smith tf Wingbermuehle 18-3.
165: Dieringer is in the hunt for the Hodge, he's even tweeted "bonus points or die". I think he is gonna do everything from here on out to make sure that happens. Dieringer tf Glass 20-5.
174: Crutchmer does what he does. I was about to say that I feel he is under fire lately for the way he wrestles, but then, hasn't he always been under fire for the lack of offense. He can turn it on when he wants to, I just wish he would do it more often. He's got such good defense.
Crutchmer dec Reed 5-2.
184: Boyd is on the rise, I am excited about this team but right now I am more excited about Boyd's surge than anything. We really need him to come on here. If Boyd could win out the rest of the duals (except Dean, don't think anyone is beating him) and place well at Big 12's, I see the potential for an AA. Boyd mdec Dixon 12-4.
197: I really think we are gonna see Weigel for the rest of the year. I understand Marsden being pulled for this reason, but sometimes that's what it takes to light a fire under someone's butt, but what do I know.....too many but(t)s? Johnson is a quality opponent and should give whoever wrestles a good match. Weigel or Marsden get the upset dec against Johnson by a takedown. ? dec 6-4.
285: Larson won't win here either, Marsden has been really pushing the pace, lets see how he does against a better opponent. Marsden dec Larson 8-3.

Pokes win easy and look good doing it. 34-3 is my prediction more or less, most likely more.

Quick story, my 8 year old son's (sooner fan...ehh) class is doing the land run in class next week. I told him about it and that the "cheaters" who went ahead and claimed land before the start were called "Sooners"..........you should have seen his face. Later that day when asked who he would support on Friday at the dual, he said he'd be wearing orange.....hahahahahahahahahahhahahah

I pretty much agree. I think if it went PERFECT for OU they "could" only win 5. Milhoff has a shot at 125....brewer, Jeffries, 197 and hwy. again...I said perfect! They still lose cause of bonus. More likely they win 3 at best! See how they re act from the beating they took last time!

Not much different except possibly at 133.
125 Eddie Klimara dec. Ryan Milhof
133 Gary Wayne Harding loses a decision to Cody Brewer
141 Dean Heil Tech fall over Trae Blackwell
149 Anthony Collica dec. Davion Jeffries
157 Joe Smih fall over Brock Wingbermuehle
165 Alex Dierenger maj dec.Clark Glass
174 Kyle Crutchmer dec. Matt Reed
184 Nolan Boyd maj. dec. Andrew Dixon
197 Andrew Marsden dec. Brad Johnson
285 Austin Marsden dec.Ross Larson
Team score OK State 34 OU 3
Are you sure we will not see Weigel at 197? I think he is very strong and could do very well at the Big 12's and score some points at the NCAA tournament. I like Marsden't style, but just think we have more point potential with Weigel.
OSUMatFan, no I am not sure we will see Marsden-It is just a guess on my part since we saw Weigel last. Head to head in the room I believe Marsden comes out on top but how much of that is "room familiarity" and how that translates to success against common opponents I do not know. Weigel has proved he is very strong and looks great on top. He is not as aggressive on his feet and rarely initiates a successful attack. Marsden is very aggressive on his feet and on the mat but makes mistakes due to his all out style I would rather watch Marsden but as to who will be more successful time will tell. JMO, but I believe it will be Marsden in March.

Reactions: oberebo
If I'm being honest, I wish Kaid Brock were still wrestling for two reasons:

1) First and foremost, I hate when kids get injured. Especially those who are showing a lot of promise. And especially especially those who are looking like they have the ability to be all-timers. It was a flash in the pan, time-wise, but Kaid looked every bit the part of the next great OSU wrestler.

2) I want revenge for Cody. Or at least the shot at revenge. I like Brewer. Seems like a really good kid. And he's a pretty dominating wrestler. I hate that he's not going to get the shot to redeem himself.

Reactions: oberebo
Micco,
I agree on both of your points. How awesome would it be to have Brock and Brewer meeting on Friday night? This match would be worth the price of admission.

Yea it would be the match of the night by far. It would be why people would come. Not sure there will be that many "exciting" matches, however, it's still wrestling so imo it beats any other sport to watch!!

What was the point of pulling marsden's redshirt if he's not going to be the guy

He can always redshirt next year. Perhaps they still don't know who is the guy. Look at SHP current #s, they are both around 32 and with a chance to knock off higher wrestlers from OU, Army and Cornell, so perhaps opportunity to put either/both in a qualifying spot while still learning which one has the better chance to score points in the tourney.

I\

I'm guessing it's because the match is being televised live on Fox Sports Plus.
That would be very disappointing. Some of us subscribed to Flo because they partnered with OSU wrestling to broadcast the dual meets. I can not get Fox Sports Plus on a mobile device. :(

The dual, from an OU perspective:

125 - Klimara's ranked #5, Milhoff is ranked #10. If we want to have a shot at being an AA later in the season, we're going to need to be in the match at the end, if not outright win it.
133 - Cody's ranked #5, GWH isn't ranked. We need to take advantage of that.
141 - Heil is ranked #1. Trae Blackwell probably isn't a legit DI wrestler.
149 - Collica is ranked 16th. Our true freshman isn't ranked but is making big strides of late. Davion lost to their backup last time. Even if he doesn't win, he needs to improve.
157 - Joe Smith is one of their best up and comers. A true freshman and son of their coach, John Smith, he's ranked #5 and probably moving up. Brock is another example of not a realistic DI wrestler.
165 - Dieringer is going for his 3rd straight NCAA title. He's only lost four matches in his entire career. He was third in the nation as a freshman. Clark is a good, solid kid who will win you more matches than he loses, but nothing near Dieringer's level.
174 - Kyle Crutchmer is ranked around 6th, I believe. Matt Reed is a good, solid kid who will win you more matches than he loses, but not near Crutchmer's level.
184 - Nolan Boyd probably isn't ranked, but should be. He's a gamer, a scrapper, but sometimes just tries to do too much, especially against the top ranked guys. Whichever of the Dixon triplets they put out there will be run over.
197 - Brad Johnson is a decent, solid wrestler. OSU is having trouble sticking with a kid here. This weight is ours to win.
HWT - Austin Marsden is an All-American and ranked in the top five I believe, who has been pretty hot as of late. Ross is ranked #15 in the nation. It should go to Austin, but like Milhoff, Ross needs to at least be in the match at the end.

The dual, from an OU perspective:

125 - Klimara's ranked #5, Milhoff is ranked #10. If we want to have a shot at being an AA later in the season, we're going to need to be in the match at the end, if not outright win it.
133 - Cody's ranked #5, GWH isn't ranked. We need to take advantage of that.
141 - Heil is ranked #1. Trae Blackwell probably isn't a legit DI wrestler.
149 - Collica is ranked 16th. Our true freshman isn't ranked but is making big strides of late. Davion lost to their backup last time. Even if he doesn't win, he needs to improve.
157 - Joe Smith is one of their best up and comers. A true freshman and son of their coach, John Smith, he's ranked #5 and probably moving up. Brock is another example of not a realistic DI wrestler.
165 - Dieringer is going for his 3rd straight NCAA title. He's only lost four matches in his entire career. He was third in the nation as a freshman. Clark is a good, solid kid who will win you more matches than he loses, but nothing near Dieringer's level.
174 - Kyle Crutchmer is ranked around 6th, I believe. Matt Reed is a good, solid kid who will win you more matches than he loses, but not near Crutchmer's level.
184 - Nolan Boyd probably isn't ranked, but should be. He's a gamer, a scrapper, but sometimes just tries to do too much, especially against the top ranked guys. Whichever of the Dixon triplets they put out there will be run over.
197 - Brad Johnson is a decent, solid wrestler. OSU is having trouble sticking with a kid here. This weight is ours to win.
HWT - Austin Marsden is an All-American and ranked in the top five I believe, who has been pretty hot as of late. Ross is ranked #15 in the nation. It should go to Austin, but like Milhoff, Ross needs to at least be in the match at the end.
Both GWH a and Boyd are ranked. GWH around 18-20 and Boyd in the 15 range, both depending on which site you reference.

He can always redshirt next year. Perhaps they still don't know who is the guy. Look at SHP current #s, they are both around 32 and with a chance to knock off higher wrestlers from OU, Army and Cornell, so perhaps opportunity to put either/both in a qualifying spot while still learning which one has the better chance to score points in the tourney.
I know there's always the opportunity to take a redshirt in the future but if he's not the guy after having it pulled I just view it as a wasted year

If they cant show it live Id rather they just not show up. Flow does a better job anyway. We ll have to listen to Jack Spates again. yikes.

I know there's always the opportunity to take a redshirt in the future but if he's not the guy after having it pulled I just view it as a wasted year
How is it wasted? He's wrestling and getting experience. Was GWH's wasted, was Kaid's, or what about Pat Smith's?

The OU duals on Fox are through Sooner Sports Network. The Bedlam in Stillwater is through Cowboy Sports Properties and will not have OU announcers. I think Flo's deal doesn't include Bedlam, as far as live webcast is concerned, as OSU retains telecast rights for it.

I whined to flo about them advertising they were going to broadcast the dual and then yanking it....below is their reply....

"The reaon we are not able to stream this event is Fox Southwest has bought the rights for this one dual. Sorry about this inconvenience."

I don't see a link on okstate.com to a video feed from OSU, so it looks like the only way to watch this is to catch it Saturday morning. Feels a lot like the ESPN tape delayed broadcasts of the NCAA tourney in the 80s. I feel used.....

I whined to flo about them advertising they were going to broadcast the dual and then yanking it....below is their reply....

"The reaon we are not able to stream this event is Fox Southwest has bought the rights for this one dual. Sorry about this inconvenience."

I don't see a link on okstate.com to a video feed from OSU, so it looks like the only way to watch this is to catch it Saturday morning. Feels a lot like the ESPN tape delayed broadcasts of the NCAA tourney in the 80s. I feel used.....
Wait, what?! They have the rights, but aren't broadcasting live?!?!

Was watching the Thunder pregame just now and a blurb came on saying Bedlam Wrestling Friday at 7 on FoxSportsOklahoma!

I can't find a listing for the dual on any of the numerous and confusing fox sports sites. Can someone post a link?

How is it wasted? He's wrestling and getting experience. Was GWH's wasted, was Kaid's, or what about Pat Smith's?
Kaid is getting the year of eligibility back, Gary Wayne Harding is wrestling in the post season, and pat smith wrestled in the post season so no none of those were wasted

Kaid is getting the year of eligibility back Gary Wayne Harding is wrestling in the post season and pat smith wrestled in the post season so no none of those were waisted
Exactly my point. Kaid is using his rs, GWH still can if injured or doesn't fit in lineup & Pat was able to be a 4 timer only because he still had a rs to use. If they'd all simply stayed in rs freshman year, then that year would have been wasted.

Exactly my point. Kaid is using his rs, GWH still can if injured or doesn't fit in lineup & Pat was able to be a 4 timer only because he still had a rs to use. If they'd all simply stayed in rs freshman year, then that year would have been wasted.
You're missing my point I'm saying I view it as a wasted year if he's not the guy in the post season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT